Popsicle Stick Halloween Crafts
These are the easiest popsicle stick Halloween crafts you will ever make! I even included a free printable template to make Frankenstein. Just like these Popsicle Stick Pumpkins, these are fun for the kids to make!
Halloween can be full of not-so-scary monsters and imaginative creatures. It’s a fun time of year to dress up, eat lots of candy, and do fun crafts.
Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party or you just want something fun to do with your kids on a rainy day, make Frankenstein and a mummy out of popsicle sticks. It’s a really cheap craft that even preschoolers can help make!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
You can get almost all of your supplies for this craft from your local dollar store. It’s a relatively inexpensive craft to make with kids.
Here is what you’ll need (the exact amounts are in the printable card at the bottom of the post).
- Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Regular Craft Sticks
- Wiggly Eyes
- Black Craft Foam
- Black Permanent Marker
- Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- Acrylic Craft Paint – Green, White, and Light Grey
- Muslin Fabric Scraps
- Frankenstein Craft Pattern (PDF)
More Great Crafts For Kids:
- Popsicle Stick Scarecrow Fall Craft
- Popsicle Stick Pumpkins
- Kids Thanksgiving Turkey Craft
- Easy Clothespin Doily Angel Crafts For Kids
- 20 Paper Plate Crafts For Kids
- Easy Felt Shamrock Crafts For Preschoolers and Elementary Kids
- Printable Bookmark Coloring Pages for Kids
Let’s take a closer look at how I made each Halloween craft. All the steps are in a printable craft card at the bottom of this post, so you can print it out and follow the instructions. It’s so easy!
Prepare The Base
First, start by preparing the base of the Halloween crafts. Lay your popsicle sticks side-by-side. Then, glue half a craft stick to the top and the other half to the bottom; this will keep them together, without moving.
Then, paint one bundle bright green and the other one ivory or white. Let them dry.
Before you begin, you’ll need to download the Frankenstein pattern. It’s a PDF and will give you the exact size and shape for his unibrow and hair.
Then, trace the hair and unibrow onto the black craft foam and cut it own. Attach the hair, unibrow, and googly eyes,
Paint small craft sticks light grey and attach them to each side of his neck. These are the bolts!
Add more green craft sticks to his head to be his ears.
Make A Craft Stick Mummy
This is the fun part and the one that really young kiddos can do.
Cut the strips of fabric – any white fabric will work, but muslin will look the most like burial cloth.
Then, glue the wiggly eyes to the craft sticks first. Once those are secured, begin to glue the white fabric strips to the mummy. It’s that easy!
If you have enough fabric, cut the strips really long so that young kids can just wrap the fabric around the popsicle sticks. This way they won’t have to glue over and over again.
You can use craft glue for this project, but then you’ll have to wait for it to dry. Hot glue dries so much faster!
Frankenstein and Mummy Popsicle Stick Halloween Crafts
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue
- 10 Jumbo Craft Sticks
- 5 Regular Craft Sticks
- 4 Wiggly Eyes
- 1 sheet Black Craft Foam
- 1 Black Permament Marker
- Green Acrylic Paint
- Ivory Acrylic Paint
- Light Grey Acrylic Paint
- Gather all supplies. To create Frankenstein and the Mummy, line up five jumbo craft sticks for each, on your work surface. Using scissors, trim additional jumbo craft sticks to the width of Frankenstein and the Mummy and attach with a glue gun and glue sticks.
- Basecoat the craft stick Mummy with ivory acrylic craft paint. Basecoat the craft stick Frankenstein with Green acrylic craft paint. Let dry, and apply a second coat, if necessary.
- Snip four to six small slits approximately 1” in width along the muslin fabric, then rip the strips apart with your hands. Pull additional threads from the edges to create that frayed look.
- Attach two wiggle eyes to the Mummy with a glue gun and glue sticks. Secure the muslin to the back of the craft stick Mummy and then wrap around in a random manner, overlapping the wiggle eyes slightly.
- Glue the end in place (whether on the front or back) and attach the next muslin strip and continue to fold and wrap until the entire craft stick Mummy is covered.
- Download, print, and cut out the CRAFT STICK FRANKENSTEIN PATTERNS. Trace the hair and eyebrow onto black craft foam with a pencil. Cut out with scissors. Attach Frankenstein’s hair to the top with a glue gun and glue sticks. Secure two wiggle eyes under the hair, and then glue on the eyebrow, slightly overlapping the wiggle eyes.
- Measure and cut one regular craft stick into two sections 3” long each. Measure and cut a second regular craft stick into two sections 1” long each. Attach the 1” pieces at the end of the 3” pieces to create Frankenstein’s bolts. Basecoat the bolts with light grey acrylic craft paint. Use silver acrylic craft paint if you have it in your stash.
- Attach the bolts to the right and left side of Frankenstein’s neck with a glue gun and glue sticks. Add Frankenstein’s nose, scars and mouth with a permanent black marker.
- Paint one jumbo craft stick with green acrylic craft paint. From the rounded ends, cut two sections that are 2” long each.
- Attach with a glue gun and glue sticks to the right and left back of Frankenstein’s head to create his ears.
More Halloween Ideas
If you enjoy crafting during Halloween, try these ideas next!
Whether you’re looking for a last-minute Halloween craft or just want to get in the spooky spirit, these popsicle stick crafts are perfect. These Frankenstein and mummies are just too cute and an easy craft. So grab some popsicle sticks and let’s get crafting!