Kids will love these easy Felt Shamrock Crafts for preschoolers and elementary kids. Work on shapes, colors, cutting and counting with this simple St. Patrick’s Day craft created from felt. Add a pin back, magnets or a hair clip to these super cute Kawaii Shamrocks!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Felt Shamrock Crafts for preschoolers and elementary kids
- Craft Felt – Assorted Shades of Greens and Light Pink
- Dollar Store Wiggle Eyes
- Pin Back; Hair Clip; Magnets
- Permanent Marker
- Glue Sticks or Glue
- PATTERN SHEET – Three Sizes Included!
KAWAII INSPIRED SHAMROCKS INSTRUCTIONS:
Download, print and cut out Shamrock shapes from the Pattern Sheet. Select one of the three sizes included or mix and match! Trace onto green craft felt with a permanent marker. Cut out with scissors, inside the lines, so you have a clean finished project.
Cut small rectangles and then squares from light pink craft felt. Cut the squares into circles for the shamrock’s cheeks and then attach with the glue.
Attach wiggle eyes with glue or glue sticks to the top center of the Shamrock, placing them right beside each other. Glue sticks are best for young children but if older kids are enjoying this shamrock craft, then using a glue gun might be a great option.
Draw a wide and shallow smile from cheek to cheek with a black permanent marker.
Flip Shamrocks over and attach a pin back, hair clip and/or magnets to the back of each with the glue gun and glue sticks.
A fun family activity to create in just about 30 minutes. Add a name for the perfect place card for a St. Patrick’s Day party with the kiddos. The possibilities are endless with these cuties!
Download the SHAMROCK TEMPLET by joining my email list. You will have full access to this printable as well as my complete Private Printable Library!
How To Cut Felt
- While this is a craft for kids, cutting felt works best with sharp scissors. Possibly pre-cut the felt shapes or make sure the kid’s scissors you already own are not super dull.
- For pre-cutting shamrocks consider using these tips on using freezer paper as a templet for perfect shaped shamrocks!
More St. Patrick’s Day Crafts and Activities for kids:
- Cut and Paste Smarock and Coloring Page (free printable)
- Free St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages
- St. Patrick’s Day Lucky Charms Drink