This little popsicle stick scarecrow fall craft is a cute craft or activity that you can do by yourself, with your friends, or with your kids!
The Perfect Fall Craft
Very few things sum up fall like a scarecrow! They are decorating all the porches this year, so how about making some cute little centerpieces for your table?
This is one of the easiest fall crafts you can make. There are so many ways to personalize it too! Grab your friends and get ready for a fun craft night, or set this up as a craft for the kids to do at your next family meal.
Keep reading and I’ll even give you a few ideas of ways to use the scarecrow in your fall gifts or home decor.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
All the exact amounts are in the printable craft card at the bottom of the post. First, here is a quick list of everything you’ll need in order to make it.
- Orange, Maroon, and Gold Paint
- Regular size popsicle sticks
- Small popsicle sticks
- Fall Decorating Leaves
- Black Marker
- Craft Googly Eyes
- Gold Glitter Glue
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
Scarecrow Fall Craft: Step By Step Pictures
Alright, visual learners – these pictures are for you! Here’s how to make your very own super-cute scarecrows!
Make The Scarecrow’s Face
Evenly line up 7 regular size popsicle sticks just like in the picture below. The shorter craft sticks basically give support to the longer ones. This is what the back of the scarecrow will look like.
Using a hot glue gun, glue them in place.
Paint the Scarecrow’s Face
Next, glue a long craft stick across the top of the front of the scarecrow – this is the brim of his hat. Paint the scarecrow’s face yellow and the hat red (or whatever color you want to paint it).
Add The Eyes and Nose
Now you are ready to add his eyes and nose! Glue some craft eyes on. Alternatively, you could just paint the eyes.
Then, paint a triangle-shaped nose below the eyes.
Finally, use a black marker or some black paint to give him a fun and happy smile!
Decorate The Scarecrow’s Hat
Do this however you want! I added a few decorative leaves and even added some gold pipe cleaners to look like sparkly straw.
You can also use gold glue to add sparkle to the hat.
Your scarecrow is now complete!
Creative Ways To Use The Scarecrow Fall Craft
So, how do you use a craft stick scarecrow? Here are some of my favorite ideas!
- Place it on your mantel
- Attach it to a fall-themed gift basket
- Add it to a fall wreath
- Glue magnets on the back and decorate your refrigerator
- Personalize it with someone’s name and use it as a name tag on a gift
- Add it to your favorite fall centerpeice on your table
The most important thing is for you to have fun!
Popsicle Stick Scarecrow Fall Craft
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- Black Marker
- Paint Brushes
- Orange Acryllic Paint
- Maroon Acryllic Paint
- Gold Acrylic Paint
- 8 Regular-Sized Popsicle Sticks
- 2 Small Popsicle Sticks
- 2 Decorative Leaves
- 1 pair Craft Eyes
- 3 pieces Gold Pipe Cleaner
- Evenly line up 7 regular size popsicle sticks.
- Using hot glue gun, run a line of hot glue the entire length of a small popsicle stick and press it horizontally onto one end of the 7 sticks – repeat this step on the other end as well.
- Flip the newly made board over and run an angled line of hot glue near the top of the board and apply a regular size stick at an angle to form the brim of the hat.
- Paint the face section of the scarecrow with a solid coat of gold paint.
- Paint the hat section with a solid coat of maroon paint.
- Use hot glue to attach the eyes just below the brim of the hat.
- Using the orange paint, create a triangle shaped nose below the eyes.
- With the black marker, draw on the scarecrow’s mouth.
- To decorate the hat, use hot glue to attach two decorating leaves just above the brim – with the gold glitter glue, decorate the brim with small dots.
- If desired, use gold pipe cleaner, straw, etc. to create hair for your scarecrow.
More Fall Crafts
If you enjoyed this scarecrow fall craft, here are some more fun fall crafts and recipes you should make next!