It can seem a little overwhelming to plan your child’s graduation party. The end of their senior year is filled with so many activities…and it’s very emotional and overwhelming to think they are all grown up and heading off to college in a few short months. That’s why I created the Graduation Party Ideas: The Ultimate Guide!
These graduation party ideas will help give you lots of ideas and ways to celebrate the grad’s perfect graduation party!
Start with the perfect way to plan and keep you on track with this Graduation Party Checklist.
Once you download the grad party checklist you will need to think about party themes, colors and decorations etc.
Graduation Party Ideas:
One of my favorite ways to get inspired is to look at graduation party inspiration. Below are some of the ways to do just that.
- Think about what kind of theme you might want for the grad party. Themes might include high school colors, future college school colors or a theme based on a school activity or sports.
- Buy decorations to match the colors of the theme.
- Consider purchasing decorations with the graduation year.
- Think about where you want to host the party. At your home, inside or outdoors, in a park or an indoor party venue.
- Click the links below to help you with these tips.
Graduation Party Decorations:
Graduation Party Food Ideas:
Once you have some of the initial items above figured out, it will be time to consider what you will serve at the party. Most graduation parties tend to be more like an open house. Kids and families will stop in for a while but will probably have other parties to attend on the same day.
- Serve appetizers and snacks for the first hour as the party gets started.
- Don’t forget the drinks. Have plenty of bottled water on hand as well as several non-alcoholic drinks for the kids. Serving a signature summer cocktail, wine and beer for adults are also appropriate.
- Select recipes that can be made a day or two ahead of the party and can be popped in the oven or served right from the fridge.
- It is also a great idea to have some of the main dish foods prepared by a caterer. So much easier on you!
- Purchase a cake or cupcakes from a local bakery and add decorative party picks to go along with your graduation party theme.
Best Graduation Gift Ideas:
What to get a high school graduate? Here are some great ideas and tips to give for a graduation gift:
After the celebration has settled, the next thing that will need attention will be preparing to send your child off to college. Below is a great printable college packing list to help you out.