Graduation Party Ideas: The Ultimate Guide
It can seem a little overwhelming to plan your child’s graduation party. The end of their senior year is filled with so many activities…and it’s very emotional and overwhelming to think they are all grown up and heading off to college in a few short months. That’s why I created the Graduation Party Ideas: The Ultimate Guide!
These graduation party ideas will help give you lots of ideas and ways to celebrate the grad’s perfect graduation party!
Start with the perfect way to plan and keep you on track with this Graduation Party Checklist.
PLAN THE PERFECT PARTY WITH A FREE PRINTABLE GRADUATION PARTY CHECKLIST
Once you download the grad party checklist you will need to think about party themes, colors and decorations etc.
Graduation Party Ideas:
One of my favorite ways to get inspired is to look at graduation party inspiration. Below are some of the ways to do just that.
- Think about what kind of theme you might want for the grad party. Themes might include high school colors, future college school colors or a theme based on a school activity or sports.
- Buy decorations to match the colors of the theme.
- Consider purchasing decorations with the graduation year.
- Think about where you want to host the party. At your home, inside or outdoors, in a park or an indoor party venue.
- Click the links below to help you with these tips.
25 GRADUATION PARTY THEMES, IDEAS AND PRINTABLES
15 OUTDOOR GRADUATION PARTY IDEAS
BACKYARD GRADUATION PARTY IDEAS
20 CLEVER DIY GRADUATION PARTY IDEAS
GRADUATION PARTY ACTIVITIES THAT ARE FUN, EASY & AFFORDABLE
Graduation Party Decorations:
THE BEST GRADUATION PARTY DECORATIONS IN EVERY SCHOOL COLOR
FUN GRADUATION PARTY PRINTABLES TO CELEBRATE YOUR FAVORITE GRAD!
BEST GRADUATION PARTY YARD SIGNS YOU CAN BUY
FUN GRADUATION PARTY SIGNS PRINTABLES TO CELEBRATE YOUR FAVORITE GRAD
Graduation Party Food Ideas:
Once you have some of the initial items above figured out, it will be time to consider what you will serve at the party. Most graduation parties tend to be more like an open house. Kids and families will stop in for a while but will probably have other parties to attend on the same day.
- Serve appetizers and snacks for the first hour as the party gets started.
- Don’t forget the drinks. Have plenty of bottled water on hand as well as several non-alcoholic drinks for the kids. Serving a signature summer cocktail, wine and beer for adults are also appropriate.
- Select recipes that can be made a day or two ahead of the party and can be popped in the oven or served right from the fridge.
- It is also a great idea to have some of the main dish foods prepared by a caterer. So much easier on you!
- Purchase a cake or cupcakes from a local bakery and add decorative party picks to go along with your graduation party theme.
30+ MUST MAKE GRADUATION PARTY FOOD IDEAS
20+ GRADUATION APPETIZERS TO MAKE FOR A CROWD
30+ EASY GRADUATION PARTY FOODS
30 AWESOME GRADUATION PARTY DESSERTS
Best Graduation Gift Ideas:
What to get a high school graduate? Here are some great ideas and tips to give for a graduation gift:
THE BEST GRADUATION GIFTS TO GIVE
HOW MUCH MONEY TO GIVE FOR A GRADUATION GIFT
SENIOR GRADUATION GIFTS FOR HER
WHAT TO WRITE IN A GRADUATION CARD
HOW TO DECORATE A GRADUATION CAP
50 GRADUATION CAPS IDEAS AND QUOTES
After the celebration has settled, the next thing that will need attention will be preparing to send your child off to college. Below is a great printable college packing list to help you out.
My sister’s graduation is fast approaching, and since we can’t celebrate it traditionally, we have decided to celebrate it at home instead, which is why I’m thinking of buying a stole for her. Aside from this, we’ll also keep in mind to buy decorations that will match the whole theme. Thank you for suggesting here as well that it would be a great idea to serve yummy appetizers in the said event.