Impress everyone with a sporty game-day Football Charcuterie Board. This is one of my favorite Creative Charcuterie Boards because it’s perfect for any football game and feeds a crowd. Enjoy one of these fun Jello Shots as you enjoy the game!
Whether you’re cheering on your favorite college football team or inviting friends and family over to watch the Big Game, this football charcuterie board will make you the MVP of the party!
The best thing about this board is that it looks super impressive, but you can arrange and design it last minute. Even if this is the first charcuterie board you’ve ever made, you’ll look like a pro with that cute football centerpiece in the middle.
Keep reading and I’ll show you how to customize it for your family’s tastes, how to make the football in the middle, and even give you tools that you can use to make it too.
Football Charcuterie Board Supplies
Before we get into the ingredients and tips, here is what you’ll need to have on hand to make this lovely sports-themed charcuterie board.
- Hand Mixer: You’ll use this to mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and spices.
- Plastic Wrap: Store the cheeseball in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
- Extra Large Cutting Board: If you want to serve a lot of food, you’ll need a large enough board.
- Ramekins: These little serving bowls will hold the jams and dips
- Toothpicks: Guests use them to pick up different foods.
You should also remember to have plenty of serving utensils, plates, and even some small forks for guests to use.
Even though a charcuterie board is filled with finger food, not everyone likes to eat with their fingers. So it’s best to give them other options, just in case.
What To Put On A Charcuterie Board
One of the best things about charcuterie boards is that you can be as creative as you want to be. There really isn’t a rule you have to follow.
Feel free to copy my board exactly, or make up your own rules.
Most charcuterie boards are filled with the following basic ingredients:
- Hard Cheese
- Dried Fruit
- Smoked Meat
- Raw veggies
Can You Make A Charcuterie Board Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make this ahead of time, but I wouldn’t store it in the refrigerator for more than three days.
When you store it in the fridge, make sure your cutting board fits! If your cutting board doesn’t fit, you might have to pre-slice and prep all the food and then just arrange the board right before guests arrive.
If you store the charcuterie board in the refrigerator, seal it up with plastic wrap so that the dips and cheeses don’t dry out.
More Football Ideas
If you enjoyed learning how to make a football charcuterie board, then you will probably enjoy keeping the football theme going with this awesome Engraved Football Serving Tray!
These chocolate cupcakes have football toppers that will go really well with this charcuterie board.
Learn How To Make A Football Cheese Ball
Print the recipe below to make this delicious football cheese ball. It will be the star of your charcuterie board – football fans will love it!
Use a spatula to mix to combine.
Gently press the toppings into the sides.
More Game Day Bites:
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Bacon Bites
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes Appetizer Bites
- Thai Meatballs Recipe
- Pesto Pinwheels
- Hot Mexican Corn Dip
Football Charcuterie Board
- Electric Mixer
- Cutting Board
Football Cheese Ball
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 cups Colby Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp Cajun Spice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Green Onions chopped
- 1/2 cup Bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup Jalapenos diced
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
Cheese Ball Coating
- 1 cup Bacon chopped
- Smoked Cajun Sausage
- Smoked Turkey sausage
- Pepperoni wrapped mozzarella
- Salami wrapped mozzarella
- Cheddar Cheese
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 cup Baby Tomatoes
- 2 cups Baby Carrots
- 4-5 Bell Peppers sliced
- 3 Jalapenos sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives
Jams & Dips
- 1/4 cup Pepper Jelly
- 1/2 cup Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup Spicy Aioli
Crackers & Dippers
- 1 cup Ritz Crackers
- 2 cups Pretzel Bites
- 1 cup Seasoned Pretzel Sticks
- 1/2 cup Roasted Peanuts
- 1/2 cup Fried Jalapenos
Football Cheese Ball
- Using a hand mixer and a large mixing bowl, combine together cream cheese, sour cream, and spices. Add the bacon, jalapenos, green onions, and colby jack cheese tot he cream cheese mixture.
- Use a spatula to mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spray your hands with nonstick baking spray and mold the cheese mixture into a football shape. Lay out a piece of plastic wrap and place the cheese ball on top.
- Wrap the cheeseball with the plastic wrap tightly so it can hold its shape.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Unwrap the cheese ball and carefully roll it in the chopped bacon.
- Gently press the toppings into the sides, if needed.
- Pipe sour cream to create the laces on the football cheese ball.
- Place the football cheese ball in the center of your board.
- Set to the side.
- Add the ramekins for the jam and dips on the board.
- Place all of your meats on the board in various spots.
- Now add the cheese slices to the board.
- Begin to add the remaining ingredients and make sure to ll in the empty spots on the board. Refrigerate until serving.
With its football-shaped cheese ball centerpiece, this football charcuterie board is sure to be a hit for any game day gathering. Its combination of savory meats and cheeses, veggies and nuts makes it a delicious way to show off your team spirit!
And with plenty of variety, everyone will find something they love in this tasty football-themed treat. So don’t forget to add this creative charcuterie board to your game day lineup!