Make a really easy and festive fall appetizer. This scarecrow cheeseball is made with 3 different types of cheese for a cute snack!
If you are looking for a really fun appetizer for Thanksgiving or another fall party, then this one is perfect! Everything on this adorable scarecrow is edible, but he’s so cute you won’t want to eat it!
Easy Fall Appetizer
I love easy appetizers. When it comes to fall parties, I’m usually so busy making food for the dinner that I don’t want to spend a lot of time on a complicated snack. That’s why this cute scarecrow cheeseball is so perfect! It looks like a smiling scarecrow but it’s so uncomplicated. If you know how to mix things together, you can make this.
How To Make This Easy Fall Appetizer
All of the details are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. You can scroll down and read it all. I’m going to share a few tips in this section that I hope will help you out (including some helpful photos of the process).
Cheese Ball Ingredients
I used the following ingredients in this recipe. This is what you’ll need from the store.
- Cream Cheese (2 packages)
- Velvetta cheese
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Worcestershire sauce
Scarecrow Decoration Ingredients
Here is what I used to decorate the cheese ball and make it look like a scarecrow.
- Triscuit crackers
- Matchstick carrots
- Red bell pepper
- Black olives
- Grape tomato
- Stem parsley
Scarecrow Cheese Ball Step-By-Step Photos
All the exact details about how to make this easy fall appetizer are in the printable recipe card further down in this post. If you want to see how I made it, here are some pictures of each step.
Mix The Cheeses and Spices Together
You can do this step by hand, but it’s so much faster and easier if you use a hand mixer like a Kitchen Aid. It will also speed up the process if the cream cheese and Velveeta are at room temperature.
Shape Into A Ball
The easiest way to do this is to wrap it in plastic wrap and place it inside of a pie plate. You will have to refrigerate it, so leave it in the pie plate while it chills.
Unwrap The Cheese Ball And Decorate It
Now comes the fun part! Unwrap the Cheese ball and put it on a plate.
Use Crackers As The Hat
I think Triscuit crackers look just like a straw hat. You can use any type of crackers that you want.
Veggies For The Hair & Smile
Then, use your favorite veggies to make the smile, eyes, nose, and hair. Again, this part is completely up to you. I really like how the carrots make him a red-head.
Parsley For Garnish
Finally, add a little sprig of parsley as a leaf for his hat. That’s the perfect way to finish it!
How To Store This Easy Fall Appetizer
If you want to make this ahead of time, store it before you decorate it as a scarecrow. Just keep the cheese ball wrapped in plastic wrap until you are ready to make it and serve it.
If you have leftovers, try to keep the cheese ball separated from the crackers and store it in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
The cheeseball will last about a week in the refrigerator.
Scarecrow Cheese Ball
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 pound Velveeta room temperature
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 9 Triscuit Crackers
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 slice red bell pepper
- 2 black olives
- 1 grape tomato
- 1 stem parsley
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together all of the ingredients until completely blended.
- Using plastic wrap, shape the cheese mixture into a round disc. Refrigerate at least one hour prior to serving.
- When ready to serve, place the cheeseball on a serving plate. Across the side of the circle designated as the top, place a row of 5 Triscuit crackers, gently pressing the crackers into the cheese. Then, place a row of four crackers over the first row. This forms the scarecrow’s hat. Add a small piece of parsley as the flower. Arrange the matchstick carrots as hair.
- To make the scarecrow face, slice the black olives and place two slices as eyes. Press the grape tomato into the cheeseball as the nose. Then, press the red bell pepper slice into the cheeseball as a mouth.
- Serve with additional crackers or vegetable dippers.
More Fall Recipes
If you enjoyed this fall appetizer, you will enjoy these fall recipes next.
- Healthy & Hearty Fall Salads
- Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp Recipe
- Apple Tart Recipe
- Scarecrow Nutter Butter Fall Cookies
- Gingerbread Apple Pie Cake
- Homemade Caramel Apples
- Mini Dutch Apple Pies with Caramel Sauce
- 25 Amazing Apple Recipes
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
More Fall Desserts
Fall is the perfect time to bake! Here are some more fall treats you can make when the weather is cool.