Feed a crowd and make a showy and celebratory Graduation Charcuterie Board. This will become one of your favorite Graduation Party Ideas because it’s so easy and impresses everyone that sees it.
Planning a graduation party can be pretty time-intensive. Not only do you have to plan for the graduation itself – cap, gowns, pictures – but now you have to host tons of people that want to wish your graduate well.
As proud as you are of them, it’s still a lot of work. Thankfully, there are a few things you can do to make the party easier – like building a huge charcuterie board.
Free Graduation Party Checklist
If you are planning a graduation party, then you need this checklist. The best part is, it’s a free printable! This list is broken down by weeks, so you have plenty of time to get everything down – without stressing out.
Grab yours below.
The best thing about this oversized charcuterie board is that even though it’s really showy you can arrange and design it last minute. Even if this is the first charcuterie board you’ve ever made, you’ll look like a pro with the adorable cheese stars and CONGRATS letters.
Keep reading and I’ll show you how to customize it for your family’s tastes, how to make the edible letters, and even give you tools that you can use to make it too.
MORE GRAD PARTY FOOD IDEAS: 30+ MUST MAKE GRADUATION PARTY FOOD IDEAS
Graduation Charcuterie Board Supplies
Before we get into the ingredients and tips, here is what you’ll need to have on hand to make this lovely graduation-themed charcuterie board.
- Cookie and Cheese Cutters: This is what you’ll use to cut out the stars and alphabet
- Plastic Wrap: Store the cheeseball in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
- Extra Large Cutting Board: If you want to serve a lot of food, you’ll need a large enough board.
- Ramekins: These little serving bowls will hold the jams and dips
- Toothpicks: Guests use them to pick up different foods.
You should also remember to have plenty of serving utensils, plates, and even some small forks for guests to use.
Even though a charcuterie board is filled with finger food, not everyone likes to eat with their fingers. So it’s best to give them other options, just in case.
What To Put On A Charcuterie Board
One of the best things about charcuterie boards is that you can be as creative as you want to be. There really isn’t a rule you have to follow.
Feel free to copy my board exactly, or make up your own rules.
Most charcuterie boards are filled with the following basic ingredients:
- Hard Cheese
- Dried Fruit
- Smoked Meat
- Raw veggies
Make Your Charcuterie Board Ahead Of Time
I love prepping my board a day or so before the party and then adding the last-minute touches right before guests arrive. Just remember not to keep it in the fridge for longer than three days.
When you store it in the fridge, make sure your cutting board fits! If your cutting board doesn’t fit, you might have to pre-slice and prep all the food and then just arrange the board right before guests arrive.
If you store the charcuterie board in the refrigerator, seal it up with plastic wrap so that the dips and cheeses don’t dry out.
More Graduation Party Ideas:
- GRADUATION PARTY IDEAS
- 30+ MUST MAKE GRADUATION PARTY FOOD IDEAS
- THE BEST BACKYARD GRADUATION PARTY IDEAS
- 25 GRADUATION PARTY THEMES, IDEAS AND PRINTABLES
- 30+ MUST MAKE GRADUATION PARTY FOOD IDEAS
- 30 AWESOME GRADUATION PARTY DESSERTS
- THE BEST GRADUATION PARTY DECORATIONS IN EVERY SCHOOL COLOR
Graduation Charcuterie Board
- Cutting Board
- 12 ounces Pepperoni sliced
- 12 ounces Salami sliced
- 9 slices Salami use them for the rose
- 8 slices Cheddar
- 8 slices Colby Jack
- 8 slices Pepper Jack
- 8 slices Swiss
- 1 cup Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- 1 small Brie quartered
- 1 small Herbed Boursin Cheese
- 6 slices Fontina sliced thin for shapes
- 5 slices Cheddar cut into alphabet shapes for words
- 1 cup Strawberries
- 1 cup Green Grapes
- 1 cup Purple Grapes
- 6 slices Watermelon
- 1 cup Blackberries
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 4 slies Pineapple
- 2 Oranges sliced
- 1 cup Baby Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Green Olives
- 1/4 cup Pepper Jelly
Make The Salami Rose
- Take your first slice of salami and place half of it in the glass with the remaining folded over the rim of the glass.
- Take your second piece of salami and place it halfway over the rst layer, half of it in the glass with the remaining folded over the rim of the glass.
- Take your third piece of salami and place it halfway over the second layer, half of it in the glass with the remaining folded over the rim of the glass.
- Keep going around the glass until you’ve used all 9 pieces of salami.
- Take your glass and turn it upside down and lightly press the salami pieces on top of the board upside down.
- Remove the salami from the shot glass, set the rose to the side.
Make The Charcuterie Board Letters
- Take your ABC cutters and press out the word CONGRATS Set to the side.
- Cut Out Cheese Stars
- Take your Star cookie cutters and press out several stars for decorating. Set to the side.
Arrange The Charcuterie Board
- Prepare your Watermelon and Pineapple.
- Set to the side.
- Add the ramekin for the jam on the board.
- Take your salami and fold it in half and then fold it again into quarters.
- Stack the salami together in a line, use a toothpick to hold the salami together.
- Take your pepperoni and fold it in half and then fold it again into quarters.
- Stack the pepperoni together in a line, use a toothpick to hold the pepperoni together. Now add the brie wedges, salami rosette, and Boursin on the board.
- Surround 1 half of the brie wedge with folded salami, and blueberries
- Place the pepperoni on the bottom half of the board.
- Now place the fresh mozzarella pearls on the bottom of the board.
- Place all of the cheese slices on the board. Keep each individual type / avor of cheese separate from each other.
- Place the fruits, and olives, on the board in various locations. Make sure to use the fruit or olives to ll in the holes on the board.
- Take your “ congrats “ cheese letters and lay them on top of the fresh mozzarella.
- Use your “ Star “ cheese cutouts as garnish on top of any of the items on your board.
More Graduation Party Planning Tips:
- FUN GRADUATION PARTY PRINTABLES TO CELEBRATE YOUR FAVORITE GRAD!
- BEST GRADUATION PARTY YARD SIGNS YOU CAN BUY
- GRADUATION PARTY CENTERPIECES
- GRADUATION PARTY SUPPLIES
- FUN GRADUATION PARTY SIGNS PRINTABLES TO CELEBRATE YOUR FAVORITE GRAD
Have fun and try not to stress too much with planning your child’s grad party. It’s a lot of fun and memorable for the whole family!