Serve these green football Jello shots at your next game-watching party! They look just like turf and are some of the Best Jello Shot Recipes you’ll ever make.
Football parties are about two things – the teams and the food. And if you don’t know which teams will be in the big game, make jello shots that look like the football field. You can’t go wrong!
Even better than the bright green colors is the sweet lime flavor of the Jello shots. You can make them with or without the alcohol, too. That makes them perfect for people of all ages and walks of life.
When you’re inviting a group of people to your house, it’s always a good idea to serve everyone Jello shots. Not only can you match the Jello shots to your favorite team or the theme of the party, but they are already individually portioned!
Yup! Since they are in individual cups, you don’t have to worry about people making a mess of a punch bowl or being stuck at the table serving everyone drinks.
So, whether you’re tailgating or watching the game at home, these Jello shots are always a touchdown!
Football Jello Shots
I’ve made some pretty intricate Jello shots before with multiple layers. But these lime Jello shots are made with just one flavor – lime! That makes them an easy last-minute dessert-cocktail combo.
The Jello takes about two hours to set, so give yourself enough time before the party for them to be ready.
There is also a lot of room for creativity, too! Keep reading and I’ll share a few ideas that you can try.
These football Jello shots are so simple that you can try out your own ideas too!
Whip up some bright green Jello shots before your next party. They are so fun (and, thankfully, really easy too!).
Best Containers For Jello Shots
What is the best way to serve Jello shots? In order to get the perfect flavor and balance of Jello to vodka, I suggest using 2-ounce shot cups.
For my photos, I used glass shot glasses. I loved how they looked with the Football Toppers.
But you could also use plastic or disposable shot cups. Or, splurge a bit and serve them in shot glasses that are printed with your team on it.
Since these Jello shots have such a vibrant green color, it’s a good idea to serve them in a cup that shows them off.
Then, don’t forget to add the chocolate and green Jimmies or sprinkles. They add that extra bit of festive fun.
Jello Shot Tips
- If you’re able to find football sugar toppers, those would be edible.
- Do not garnish if you’re not serving the shots right away. It makes the garnishes odd textures. If you need to make them in advance, simply store them, covered, without the garnishes, for up to 4 days in the fridge. Garnish when ready to serve. Do not freeze.
- You do not have to use the frosting bag and frosting tip; this is just the best way to get that gorgeous twirl of cool whip on the top of each shot. Great for a beautiful presentation!
- You can use other types of alcohol if desired. Just be careful that you don’t choose an alcohol that will change the color of the shot itself. Lime vodka would be a great option!
More Easy Jello Shots
Do you want to add more Jello shots to the party? I have a few that will be perfect! Check out some of my favorite Jello shot recipes below.
- Creamsicle Jello Shots
- Rum Jello Shots
- Jello Shots With Tequila
- Champagne Jello Shots
- Easy Orange Jello Shots With Whipped Cream Topping
All are delicious and fun in their own way!
Make sure that you’re prepared to create the jello shots. Below is a great way to gather all you need in one simple shopping trip.
Are you ready for the recipe? Here you go! Lime jello is paired with vodka, then topped with whipped cream, sprinkles, and football themed toppers to make shots people will be talking about until the next game day! Quick and easy and oh so perfect.
More Game Day Recipes:
Enjoy some of these spirited football-themed foods as you and guest enjoy the game!
- Game Day Football Charcuterie Board
- Chocolate Football Candy Apples (Game Day Treat)
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Football Cake Pop Toppers
Football Jello Shots
- 16 2-ounce shot cups
- Football Toppers
- Pourable Measuring Cups
- Frosting Bag
- Ateco #824 Frosting Tip
- Place the green jello in a large mixing bowl and add the boiling water. Stir until the jello granules have dissolved.
- Add the vodka to the mix and lightly stir to incorporate.
- Fill each shot glass, leaving just a bit of head room at the top. This doesn’t have to be perfect, it just makes it easier to transport them to the fridge and leaves a bit of room for the whipped cream to sit.
- Place the shots in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Using a frosting bag and Ateco #824 frosting tip (or similar) top each shot glass with a dollop of whipped cream. I usually do this by simply starting on the outer edge and working in a circle until the whipped cream is high enough. You can top them with whipped cream however you like, though.
- Sprinkle each shot with a bit of the chocolate jimmies followed by the multicolored green jimmies. The amount of sprinkles depends on what makes your heart happy.
- I usually shorten or remove the toothpicks from the toppers altogether and nestle them into the middle top of the cool whip. They’re not edible, but they sure are cute!
- Serve and enjoy!
There you go! I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Remember to pin this post to Pinterest so you can find it later!