Spring is in the air and I could not be happier. I don’t know about you guys, but I get a total case of the winter blues. It can seem never-ending at times, so when Easter is within reach, I get so excited! Good news, I’m Easter’s number one fan, so I’ve got all the tasty hook-ups like these Nutter Butter Easter Chicks – so adorable!
Easter represents so much for my family, so we always make sure we take the time to celebrate surrounded by the people we love with super yummy food.
Today I’m going to share with you these Nutter Butter Easter Chicks and how to create them. But before I do that, I want to be sure I share some of my other yummy Easter options as well! My Easter Chick Cupcakes are always a huge hit with the family as well as these Easter Cake Pops.
If you’re having guests over to celebrate the holiday, I bet you’re in the same position I’m in, which is looking for super easy, last-minute decor options. I’ve got just what you need! Be sure to hop over and grab my Free Easter Printables or my tutorial on how to create Stenciled Burlap Bunny Plaques. Your home will be ready for Easter guests in no time!
On to our Nutter Butter Easter Chicks recipe….you’re going to love it! Happy Easter to all my friends!
These Nutter Butter Easter Chicks are an adorable Easter dessert sure to bring joy to all that have a chance to taste one! What a cute Easter treat for spring parties, baby showers, school events or to serve any time of the day on Easter. Wrap them up and add to Easter Baskets or place on the Easter dinner table!
Nutter Butter Easter Chicks
Makes 12 Easter Chicks Cookies
Nutter Butter Easter Chicks
- 1 package of Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 bag of yellow candy melts
- 1 bag of white candy melts
- 1 small container of coconut oil
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- 1 bag of M&M's orange ones picked out
- 2 disposable piping bag
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Using a double boiler, melt the yellow candy melts.
- Once the yellow has been melted, add in 2-4 tablespoons of coconut oil. This will help thin out the chocolate.
- Dip a nutter butter cookie into the yellow candy melt.
- Using a fork, flip over the nutter butter until completely coated.
- Carefully pick up the nutter butter and tap the edge of the pot to get rid of the excess chocolate.
- Place the dipped Nutter Butter onto the cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps with 11 more Nutter Butter cookies.
- Let the chocolate harden.
- While the yellow is hardening, scoop the rest of the yellow chocolate into a piping bag and clean out the pot.
- Melt the white candy melt.
- Repeat step with the coconut oil.
- Scoop some of the white chocolate into the piping bag.
- Cut off the tip of the piping bag.
- Pipe on the lines for the cracked egg on the top of the and bottom of the Nutter Butter.
- Fill in the white lines.
- Add a small dollop of white chocolate onto the back of the eyes.
- Place eyes on the yellow part of the Nutter Butter.
- Dip the orange M&M into the still melted yellow chocolate.
- Place in the middle below the eyes.
- Let chocolate harden before enjoying!