A few years ago I created these Shark Fin Jello Cups and they were a huge hit! (See the video here) Since then I have become a little obsessed with all things sharks. I am so pleased to share another fun shark idea – these Shark Party Food Applesauce Cups! Aren’t they cute?
So many reasons to create this fun shark party food. First…your kiddo wants to have a shark themed birthday party. These could double as a party craft and a take-home shark party favor – win-win for mom. Or make them ahead and serve them at the party. Either way, the kids will love them. Find more Shark Party Ideas Here.
Another great reason to make these fun shark applesauce cups is for Shark Weeks. I know we enjoy watching and learning about sharks so maybe your family does as well?
Create your own family Shark Week watching shark party food while you watch at home. Fun for the kids to craft as well.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Shark Party Food Applesauce Cups
Most of these supplies you might already own. Here is a list to make sure you have everything on hand to get started.
Here are the instructions…
1. Trace the cups. Open the applesauce package and trace the top of the unopened container onto a piece of blue cardstock.
2. Cut the fins. Then cut one top fin and 2 smaller side fins out of the scrap blue paper.
3. Glue the fins to the blue circle. Glue the larger fin to the top and the smaller side fins to each side.
4. Turn the blue shark circle over.
5. Cut out a white smile. Cut out a small half circle from your white paper and glue to the bottom front of the shark.
6. Add googly eyes. Glue 2 googly eyes above the white teeth and draw zigzag teeth in the half circle.
7. Glue the finished shark to the applesauce. Then glue shark to the top of an applesauce container.
More Shark Ideas
Here are some more fun shark ideas for your next party.