After a long-awaited winter, the time has finally come! Easter is here! As a kid, I always looked forward to Easter because it meant to me that Spring was well on its way. Am I the only one who felt this way?
The pastel colors, easter eggs and adorable bunnies just filled me with pure joy. These Easter Chick Cupcakes unearth those childlike joy feelings because I mean…just look at them! They are so adorable. And what’s more? They’re delicious, too.
My family always hosted an event where the family got together and celebrated with an Easter egg hunt and lots of delicious food. What about you guys? Any traditions? If you’re looking to get your house ready for the holiday, make sure to grab this Free Printable Easter Art because easy decor is the best decor, am I right?
And because I’m on a sweet-tooth tangent over here, I’ve just gotta share this Cadbury Mini Egg Cookie Dough Dip, because it’s delicious and what sugar dreams are made of. If you’ve got kids attending your Easter event, this printable Hoppy Easter Gift Tag makes it super easy to create mini-baskets for them in no time at all.
Now that I’ve got you stocked up for Easter, be sure to grab the Easter Chick Cupcakes recipe below! Happy Easter, friends!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Easter Chick Cupcakes
Below I have included all the ingredients to make the cupcakes and frosting but print out the recipe below for the full instructions. To make life easy on yourself free to a box mix for the cupcakes.
Makes 12-14 cupcakes
Easter Chick Cupcakes Easter Dessert
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure Madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 C sour cream
- 2/3 C whole milk
- Golden yellow food coloring
- FROSTING INDGREDIENTS
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 2 C powder sugar plus more if needed
- 2 tsp marshmallow extract
- 3-6 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Golden yellow food coloring
- 2 C yellow sanding sugar
- 1 tube of black icing
- 1 tube of white icing
- 1 tube of orange icing
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 102 tip
- 3 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 large piping bag fitted with a star tip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk until combined.
- In a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until creamed and combined.
- Mix in the vanilla and 1 egg until incorporated.
- Mix in the second egg until incorporated.
- Mix in the sour cream until incorporated.
- Alternating the dry ingredients and milk, mix in 1/2 C of flour until combined then mix in 1/3 C milk. Continue to alternate until all has been mixed in.
- Add in 2 -3 drops of the golden yellow food coloring to give the cupcake a light yellow tint.
- Scoop batter into the cupcakes and fill to about 2/3.
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake the cupcakes for 21 minutes.
- Once baked let them cool completely.
- FROSTING DIRECTIONS
- Using the standing mixer, cream together the butter, powder sugar, marshmallow extract, and heavy whipping cream until creamy and combined.
- If your frosting looks like powdered rocks, add in another tablespoon of heavy whipping cream.
- Continue to mix until combined and stiff with peaks.
- Add in a few drops of the golden yellow to get a yellow tint.
- Scoop most of the frosting into the large piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Scoop some frosting into the piping bag fitted with the 103 tip.
- DECORATING INSTRUCTIONS
- Using the large piping bag, pipe on a medium size circle onto the cupcake
- Using a butter knife or an icing spatula, smooth out the frosting so that you have a clean smooth coating on top of the cupcake.
- Dip the cupcake into the sanding sugar and lightly shake so that you can get the excess off.
- Using the piping bag with the 103 tip, pipe on wings onto the top sides of the cupcake.
- Dip into the sanding sugar.
- Using the black icing, squeeze some into one of the piping bags fitted with a number 2 tip.
- Repeat the step with the orange and white icing.
- Using the black icing, pipe on a small dollop for the eyes.
- Using the white icing, pipe on a tiny dot on top of the black circle.
- Using the orange icing, pipe on the beak and feet.
- Let the cupcake stand for 30 minutes before enjoying!