What better way to add an extra bit of revelry to your festivities than with these delicious and festive Mardi Gras Jello Shots! Sweet and yummy flavors make this one of The Best Jello Shot Recipes.
Mardi Gras is a time for celebration and fun! Every year, people from all over the world gather in New Orleans to celebrate Mardi Gras with parades, music, costumes, and of course – fun drinks!
Made with colorful layers of your favorite liquor, these layered jello shots are sure to be a hit at any Mardi Gras party.
Whether you’re celebrating in the French Quarter or in your own backyard, make sure to add some Mardi Gras Jello Shots to your menu – they’ll definitely put you in the Mardi Gras spirit! Bon Temps Rouler! (Let the Good Times Roll!)
I just love those layers of colors! The yellow, green, and purple, followed by the whipped cream toppings and fun colors on top create the perfect jello shot to celebrate.
It’s hard to believe that this looks this good – and is this simple and easy to make.
I’ll be the first to tell you that making this easy jello shot recipe is the perfect Mardi Gras drink, and all your party friends and family members will agree.
Mardi Gras Jello Shot Ingredients:
Keep in mind that you don’t need a lot to make this simple shot recipe. I always keep a plethora of sanding sugars on hand for times like this!
Here is what you’ll need to make these triple-layer colored jello shots:
- Clear gelatin (Knox)
- Island pineapple jello
- Purple food gel
- Lime green food gel
- Purple sanding sugar
- Green sanding sugar
- Gold sanding sugar
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Whipped topping for topping
The layered look of these jello shots is a great way to start a party. Everyone will love the festive and fun look.
If you want to try other flavors of jello, be sure to get ones that have the same coloring if you’re making these for a Mardi Gras celebration.
There are a lot of flavors out there in these colors!
This also means that you can use this recipe to make other layered jello shots.
Just change the color of jello, and you can make fun shots for Halloween, Christmas, and special birthdays.
All part of the fun of jello shots!
How to make jello shots
Be sure to scroll to the recipe card below for easy step-by-step directions.
It’s not hard to create a jello shot, but you do have to be sure that you follow all the steps to have them turn out just right.
Having jello shot glasses on hand is also super important to do. A variety of glass and plastic is a must!
How To Store Mardi Gras Jello Shots
To store your Mardi Gras jello shots, make sure you place them in an airtight container and keep them chilled until ready to serve. They should stay fresh for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Just before you are ready to serve them, remove the lids and top with whipped topping and sprinkles.
What is the best toppings for jello shots?
Whipped cream tends to be the most popular topping option for jello shots, but there are many others.
Don’t forget that edible glitter is a super fun option if you’re making these for a fun and fancy dinner.
More Jello Shot Recipes
As you can tell, I like making these fun drink options for parties. I make them all the time – it’s kind of what I’m known for.
Here are some other great recipes that you can easily try.
- Game Winning Football Jello Shots
- 18 New Year’s Eve Jello Shots
- 20 Jello Shots With Tequila
- Layered Christmas Jello Shots
- Festive Thanksgiving Jello Shots
- Halloween Jell-O Shots
Which of these easy shot recipes do you plan to make next?
Mardi Gras Jello Shots
- 2 Envelopes Gelatin Knox Envelopes
- 3 Oz. Island Pineapple Jello 1 Box
- 6 Cups Water
- 6 Tablespoons Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Drops Purple Food Gel
- 4 Drops Green Food Gel
- 1 Tablespoon Purple Sanding Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Green Sanding Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Gold Sanding Sugar
- For the first yellow layer. Boil one cup of water with two tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk. Mix in island pineapple gelatin mix into the boiling water. Whisk well. Add one cup cold water. Whisk well.
- Pour yellow layer to 1/3 of the cup. Place a lid on top of the jello shot cups and place them in the fridge for two hours or until set.
- For the second green layer. Boil one cup of water with two tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk. Mix in one envelope of clear gelatin Knox into the hot water and whisk well. Add in 4 drops of lime green food gel and one cup of cold water. Whisk well.
- Pour the green layer into the next 1/3 of the jello shot cup on top of the yellow layer. Place into the fridge for two hours or until set.
- For the last purple layer. Boil one cup of water with two tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk. Mix in one envelope of clear gelatin Knox into the hot water and whisk well. Add in 2 drops of purple food gel and one cup of cold water. Whisk well.
- Pour the purple layer into the last 1/3 of the jello shot cup on top of the green layer. Place into the fridge for two hours or until set.
- When ready to serve top with whipped topping, purple, green, and gold sanding sugars.