A new easy recipe for dinner – Colby-Jack Cheese And Bacon Mashed Potato Casserole! Tasty bacon mashed potatoes are topped with Colby-Jack cheese and dill.
Mashed Potato Casserole
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
A mashed potato casserole is a perfect addition to any dinner – great for parties too. You can make potato stacks, potato wedges with delicious dip or scalloped potatoes – endless possibilities.
My mashed potato casserole is prepared in an easy way. I had leftover potatoes from yesterday and I decided to do something different with them. Instead of just reusing them or making gnocchi (that I always make) I prepared them with cheese, bacon and dill.
First, I made layers in my deep dish. On the bottom of the dish, I put mashed potatoes, then the Colby-Jack cheese and topped with cooked bacon. I also sprinkled the top with dill. Bake in the oven for about 20 – 30 minutes and my tasty dinner was done…they didn’t last long!
If you are looking for additional easy weeknight recipes don’t forget to check out this Taco White Kidney Beans Casserole and Easy Chicken Soup Recipe. They are delicious and I make them a lot for weeknight dinners.
Colby Jack Cheese & Bacon Mashed Potato Casserole
- Preheat oven to 380 F. Spray 7" x 10" deep dish with olive oil spray. Misto works great for this.
- Season mashed potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Lay mashed potatoes on the bottom of the deep dish. Add colby jack cheese on top. Set aside.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook in frying pan, in the ovan or in the microwave. Add on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with dill.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
Recipe created by Ilona’s Passion.