Hello! This is Ilona from Ilona’s Passion and today I have a new comforting recipe that is perfect for the winter season! Creamy Carrot Soup Recipe prepared with onion, garlic powder and spices like cumin and white pepper.
During the winter my family likes to eat more soup at home. I cook almost every week one kind of soup. Basically, I can say I cook soup all year long I enjoy it so much. My kid’s favorite soup is obviously chicken soup and tomato but I would like them to eat more varieties of soup. I try to incorporate more veggies into their diets. They just want to eat what they know already. Anyway, if I have a lot of soup and my children are not eager to try it my husband will eat it. He loves soups and he can eat it all the time!
While I’ve never made creamy carrot soup before it was time to give it a try. I made a carrot soup before with diced carrots and milder flavors to taste. It was very delicious. Today I opted for bolder Mexican flavors.
I shouldn’t say it is Mexican flavored soup because it is not. It is just that the soup contains cumin that I love and I always taste it in Mexican food. This creamy carrot soup recipe is also packed with onion and garlic. It is not spicy but with a perfect amount of stronger flavors.
First I sliced carrots and cooked them until soft. After that, I blended it with sauteed onion. I added some spices like cumin, white pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. This creamy carrot soup recipe is cooked on low heat and is so delicious!
Creamy Carrot Soup Recipe
- 7 large carrots peeled & sliced
- 5 cups water + 4 cups water
- 1 bouillon cube any kind
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 small onion peeled & chopped
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- In a large pot combine carrots, 5 cups of water, bouillon cube and salt. Cook on medium heat until carrot will be soft for about 2 hours.
- Melt butter in a pan and add onion. Cook on medium heat for about 5 - 10 minutes. Add it to the soup.
- Cool off everything a little, add 4 cups of water and blend all ingredients together.
- Pour into the large pot, add white pepper, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder. Cook on low heat for 30 minutes. Mix often.
- Serve with sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.