We all have favorite recipes. These Easy Gorgonzola Potatoes are delicious…one of my favorite side dishes! Quick to prepare, wrap in foil and pop them in the oven.
A gooey cheesy gorgonzola potato side dish perfect to serve with every meal! The perfect easy side dish recipe!
Red skinned potatoes
Salt and pepper
Slice up potatoes and onion, salt and pepper to taste and top with the gorgonzola cheese.
I used a large piece of foil – the kind you can buy at Costco, so I can wrap everything up well. This time I placed an extra piece of the non-stick foil on the bottom center to help with sticking when it is cooked. The ones on the outside want to stick to the foil – problem solved!
I find that when I am serving a crowd that the potatoes need to cook longer – about 1 1/2 hours at 350 to make sure the potatoes are cooked in the center.
Easy Gorgonzola Potatoes
- 7 large red skinned potatoes – sliced thin so they cook well thin sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice thin potatoes and onion, salt and pepper to taste. and top with the Gorgonzola cheese.
- Place in the center of a large piece of foil.
- Top with the Gorgonzola cheese.
- Wrap the foil side together crimping the edges creating a foil pack.
- I recommend placing an extra piece of the non-stick foil on top of the large piece of foil to help with sticking as the potatoes cook.
- Depending on the number of potatoes they may need to cook in the oven from 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour at 350 to make sure the potatoes in the center are cooked.
If you have a smaller amount of potatoes I would only cook this for about an hour at 350 degrees.
That’s it – and so good!
More Side Dish Recipes
- Sweet Paprika Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Cheesy Bacon Mashed Potato Casserole
- Easy Roasted Potatoes and Zucchini
- Corn Casserole With Jiffy