This easy chicken soup recipe is a comforting classic. It will warm you up from the inside out, filled with nutritious vegetables and light chicken.
This chicken soup recipe is with me all my life. My grandma made it and my mother made it too. When my children were born I brought a tradition of cooking chicken soup to my home. It is a very comforting soup that it’s perfect for cold winter months.
I always use lots of vegetables with my soup, so it’s even tastier with all the vegetable flavor. I use only salt and pepper for my chicken soup recipe. I omit any extra unnecessary bouillons. Many of them are packed with unhealthy ingredients. I omit them as much as I can.
What’s In Homemade Chicken Soup
You need only vegetables, chicken, and salt to make a perfect chicken soup. It takes of couple hours but it’s worth it. My children can eat that soup every day. I usually serve with cooked noodles. But it can be also served with any other pasta or even rice. I also, cut the cooked chicken in pieces and I add it to the soup without the skin and bones.
Do Not Boil Chicken Soup
The most important fact is not to boil the chicken soup. Just cook on low or medium heat. And the perfect soup is made. No fancy ingredients. Just real ingredients you need to make it.
If you are looking for more chicken recipes, don’t forget to check Basil Baked Chicken Legs with garlic that I baked a couple of weeks ago. Perfect for busy weekday dinners.
How do you make your chicken soup?
Recipe created by Ilona’s Passion.
Easy Chicken Soup Recipe
- Large Stock Pot
- 14 cups water
- 1 half chicken
- 2 medium-sized carrots peeled & sliced
- 1 half leek
- 1 celery stick cut in half
- 5 stems of fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. salt*
- pepper for taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley for garnish
- Pour water into the large pot.
- Immerse chicken and cook for 1 hour on low-medium heat. Don’t boil.
- Remove the foam from the top.
- Add sliced carrots, leek, celery stick, stems of parsley, salt and a little pepper.
- Cook on low-medium heat for 2 hours. Don’t boil.
- Remove the chicken and cut in pieces. Add it to soup without bones and skin.
- Serve with cooked noodles and garnish with fresh parsley.
More Soup Recipes
If you enjoyed this homemade chicken soup recipe, here are some more soup recipes you will enjoy.