Make these cute and fun Santa Hat Jello Shots for your next holiday or Christmas party. They are super easy and one of my favorites! For more, check out The Best Jello Shots for all types of parties.
Jello shots are a fun way to serve cocktails at parties. You don’t have to keep mixing drinks; each shot is perfectly portioned so that everyone can pick up their own.
Make up a pretty holiday tray of these Christmas jello shots and keep them in the refrigerator. When guests arrive you will have them ready to greet them at the door with this perfect holiday cheer!
The best thing about these Santa hat jello shots is that you can reuse them for lots of other holidays too! Keep reading and I’ll share my favorite tips so that you get the most out of these creative jello shots.
With a bold red and white color scheme and delicious strawberry flavors, these jello shots will be a hit at your next party!
Other Holidays To Serve Strawberry Jello Shots
These strawberry and whipped cream jello shots are easy to use for other holidays or celebrations.
Here are a few different ways to change up this basic recipe to match other holidays.
- Valentine’s Day: Just slice up a few more strawberries and add them on top. Strawberries and whipped cream are a romantic combination.
- Independence Day: Add a few blueberries, and you have red, white and blue jello shots!
- Easter: Add some pastel sprinkles on top and they will have a fun springtime twist!
You can also serve these jello shots at a luau-themed party, Cinco-de- Mayo, or even Halloween party!
What’s In Santa Hat Jello Shots
There are just four or five ingredients in these super-easy Christmas jello shots. The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card, a bit further below. First, here’s a bit more information about what’s in Santa Hat jello shots.
- Water: You need some boiling water to make these jello shots.
- Jello: Use your favorite flavor of Jello, as long as it’s red.
- Vodka: This is optional, but it’s what spikes the jello shots. You can leave out the alcohol if you want to make them kid-friendly.
- Strawberries: This is what you’ll use to make the Santa hats.
- Whipped Cream: This adds the white decorations to the shots, and the white tip to the strawberries.
Best Alcohol for Jello Shots
Use alcohol that doesn’t have a strong flavor. Something that fades quickly to the background, like vodka. I think vodka mixes really well with the strawberry jello.
For some fun, try it with vanilla vodka. That will make it taste even sweeter.
How Long To Store Jello Shots
You can make these jello shots ahead of time – just wait until the last minute to add the whipped cream.
Jello will last about three days in the refrigerator. Cover them with plastic food storage wrap to keep the flavor fresh.
Whipped Cream or Frosting
Use either whipped cream or vanilla frosting in the jello shots. I think whipped cream is better because it’s lighter, so the sweet flavors aren’t as overpowering as when you use vanilla frosting.
Christmas Appetizer Ideas:
Try some of these tasty bites for your holiday gathering! It’s always a good idea to have a selection of foods to serve with cocktails…here are some favorites!
- Easy To Make Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes Appetizer Bites
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Bacon Bites
- Layered Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Spread
- Pesto Pinwheel Appetizer
- 40+ Holiday Appetizers, Drinks and Desserts
Santa Hat Jello Shots
- 12 Small cups
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 box Strawberry or Cherry Jello
- 1 cup Vodka
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 12 small Strawberries
- Whipped Cream
- Add the Jello mix to a bowl.
- Whisk in the boiling water until smooth and combined.
- Mix in the vodka.
- Pour the mixture evenly into 12 plastic shot cups that are 2 oz. each.
- Place in the fridge to chill until set.
- Add a layer of whipped cream to the top of the Jello shots.
- Cut the top off of the strawberries, and place them upside down on top of the Jello shot.
- Top each tip of the strawberries with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.
More Holiday Ideas
If you enjoyed making Santa Hat jello shots, here are some more holiday dessert ideas you should make next! They are some of my favorites.
- Eggnog Jello Shots
- Reindeer Snack Mix
- Festive Christmas Desserts
- Christmas Blossom Cookies
- Magic Reindeer Food and Printable
- Snowman Soup Gift Recipe
What could be cuter than these Christmas Santa Hat Shots? The best part is how easy they are and besides the time it takes to make and have the Jell-O setup, they are easy to decorate “Santa’s” hat! Happy Holidays!