These southwestern healthy egg muffins are a low-carb breakfast you can grab and take with you on the go. They are the perfect make-ahead breakfast.
Easy Healthy Breakfast
If you guys are anything like me, breakfast isn’t a meal you have a lot of time for. During the week, I find that I’m always on the go and looking for something quick but tasty to take with me.
These Southwestern Healthy Egg Muffins have seriously been my latest obsession. I make a ton of them in advance so they’re quick to heat up in the microwave and out the door, I go. The best part about these Southwestern Healthy Egg Muffins is they actually are hearty enough to keep me full until lunchtime. Huge win!
I hope you love these Southwestern Healthy Egg Muffins as much as I do! The recipe is below.
Southwestern Healthy Egg Muffins
This is what you’ll need from the store before you make them.
- Cilantro (optional)
The full instructions are in the printable recipe card below. Don’t forget to pin this post so you can find it later! Here’s an overview of how to make my low-carb muffin-tin egg bites.
1. Prepare the oven and muffin tin. Preheat your oven and grease the muffin pan.
2. Mix the eggs, milk, and black pepper. Use a large bowl, you’ll use it to mix the other things too.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Add in the ham, jalapeños, spinach, and tomatoes.
4. Pour into the muffin pan. Pour the mixture into the muffin pan.
5. Bake. Next, bake it until it’s fully cooked.
6. Garnish and serve. Remove the muffins from the oven and set them to the side to cool for a few minutes. Garnish with some avocado chunks and fresh cilantro.
Healthy Egg Muffin Mix-In Ideas
Since these resemble a small mini quiche, frittata or omelet, what you put in them is up to you. There are so many varieties you can create. Here are some of my favorites:
- Arugula and shredded Romano cheese
- Sausage and bacon
- Cheddar cheese and spinach
- Olives and feta cheese
More Quick Breakfast Options
If you’re looking for some more quick breakfast options, be sure to check out:
- Ham and Cheese Sliders with Eggs (a huge hit with my kids)
- Banana Nut Muffins that are to die for.
- Frozen Berry Smoothie is my absolute favorite but there are more delicious smoothie recipes here
Find More Yummy Mexican Recipes Here…