This Layered Sundried Tomato and Artichoke Appetizer is one of my favorite go-to appetizers. It is easy to make, tasty and perfect for any occasion! For larger parties, I have made two of these and served them together on one platter. The red of the sundried tomatoes and the green artichoke with pesto makes this especially pretty for the holidays!
I often chop and prepare the ingredients the night before and assemble it a few hours before my party. Then it only takes a few minutes to have it ready for the guests!
My recipe is part of a Holiday Cocktail Party Blog Hop! Join me the other bloggers listed below for all your recipe needs for the holidays including Appetizers, Cocktails, Mocktails, and Desserts!
• 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, well chilled
• 3 Tbsp. finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, well drained
• 3 Tbsp. finely chopped and drained canned artichoke hearts
• 2 Tbsp. pesto
• 2 Tbsp. chopped mixed nuts
• 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley (I forgot to add this)
• Assorted crackers
Dental floss for cutting cream cheese. This is very important. You would think that the cream cheese could easily be cut with a knife, but it doesn’t go so well. Don’t even try it…use the dental floss!
1. Cut cream cheese horizontally into 3 slices using dental floss.
2. Place 1 slice on a large sheet of plastic wrap: top with tomatoes and second slice of cream cheese.
3. Combine artichokes and pesto; spoon over second cream cheese layer. Top with remaining cream cheese slice.
4. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Before serving, top with nuts and parsley. Press lightly into cream cheese to secure. Serve with assorted crackers.
Please take a look at the blogs participating in this Holiday Cocktail Party!
Domestic Superhero – Just Us Four – The Blue Eyed Dove – Sweet Pea – Glued To My Crafts – Patricia Eales Nutrition – Lemons and Laughs – Cupcakes&Crowbars – Sowdering About – Vegetarian Gourmet – Yesterday on Tuesday – Mom Home Guide – My Craftily Ever After – The Love Nerds – One Krieger Chick – Kenarry: Ideas for the Home – A Dish of Daily Life
Cocktails & Mocktails
Desserts & Sweet Treats
Major Hoff Takes A Wife – This Is The Life I Have Chosen – Crazy for Crust – Sypsie Designs – DIYfaerie – Little Blog on the Homestead – Living Better Together – Laura’s INKlings – Life Made Sweeter – Tried & True – FrugElegance – Play. Party. Pin.
Hope your day is creative!
Linking to these wonderful parties!