Are you looking for the perfect addition to your next holiday party? Look no further than these delicious and festive Layered Christmas Jello Shots! I hope you check out more of my Creative Christmas Ideas.
Made with simple red and green jello making them easy to prepare – these jello shots will surely be a hit at all of your Christmas gatherings.
These Christmas jello shots are a deliciously boozy holiday party treat!
The holiday season is all about spreading joy and cheer, and what better way to do that than with a fun and tasty treat? Layered Christmas Jello Shots are the perfect addition to any holiday gathering, bringing a burst of color and a touch of boozy delight.
I’ll be sharing some simple tips on creating layered shots so you can create these delicious jello shots for your next Christmas party.
Christmas Jello Shot Ingredients
To make these fun jello shots, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Red Jell-O
- Green Jell-O
- Hot Water, divided
- Vodka, divided
- Christmas Jimmies Sprinkles, for garnish
- Cool Whip, for garnish
- 23 2-ounce Glass or Plastic Shot Cups (with lids, if desired)
- Frosting Bag (optional, for garnishing)
- Ateco #824 Frosting Tip (optional, for garnishing)
- Pourable Measuring Cup (for filling glasses)
Jello Flavors For Christmas Jello Shots?
I used strawberry and lime Jell-O for my colors.
Other flavor options for red Jell-O are cherry, cranberry, raspberry, tropical fusion, strawberry banana and black cherry. The flavor of the red jello is up to you!
Another flavor option for green Jell-O is only lime. There is a green apple flavored Jell-O flavor but it is not a traditional Christmas green color. Lime is the best bet!
Layered Christmas Jello Shots Tips:
These tips will help you layer the jello shots perfectly.
- Do not garnish if you’re not serving the shots right away. Only garnish if you’re getting ready to serve or are close to it.
- Store in the fridge, covered, for up to 4 days, if ungarnished. Store in the fridge for no more than 10 hours if garnished. Do not freeze.
- Do not add the second layer of Jell-O if the liquid is too warm. This will cause it to partially melt the Jell-O on the bottom and mix the two colors.
- Do not add too much alcohol or the shots will not fully set, which means the two layers will mix together instead of remaining separate.
- I used strawberry and lime Jell-O for my colors.
Chilling And Serving Jello Shots:
After adding all the layers, cover the jello shot cups or glasses with plastic wrap or an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator to chill and set. It is recommended to leave them in the fridge for at least a few hours or overnight for the best results.
Before serving, you can add a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkles on top for an extra festive touch.
Now that your Layered Christmas Jello Shots are ready, it’s time to gather your friends and family and enjoy these delicious jello shots together. The different flavors of jello and vodka create a combination that will surely be a hit at your next Christmas party.
Just remember to enjoy these treats responsibly and ensure that everyone who consumes them is of legal drinking age.
More Holiday Jello Shot Recipes:
- Hot Cocoa Peppermint Jello Shots
- Santa Hat Jello Shots
- Christmas Cranberry Jello Shots
- Holiday Eggnog Jello Shots
- 20 Christmas Jello Shots
Layered Christmas Jello Shots
- 1 Box Red Jell-O 3 oz box
- 1 Box Green Jell-O 3 oz box
- 1 1/2 Cups Vodka divided
- 1 1/2 Cups Water divided
- Cool Whip garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the red Jell-O and ¾ cup boiling water. Stir until all the granules dissolve.
- Add ¾ cup chilled vodka and stir lightly.
- Using a pourable measuring cup, or your filling tool of choice, fill each shot glass to about halfway full.
- Place in the fridge for two hours or until set.
- In separate bowls repeat steps 1-2 for the green Jell-O.
- Finish filling each shot glass, but leave just a bit of room at the top for garnishing, if desired.
- Place back in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream using a frosting bag and Ateco #824 tip, then finish off with sprinkles, to garnish, if desired. Enjoy!
Layered Christmas Jello Shots are not only a fun and visually appealing treat but also an easy and creative way to add a touch of festive spirit to your holiday gatherings.
So, why not give this easy Christmas jello shot recipe a try at your next Christmas party and let the good times roll!