Minty, tangy, and incredibly smooth, this Cranberry Mojito is ready for your next Christmas party! It is one of the best-tasting Mojito Recipes you’ll ever make.
These festive drinks might have the perfect red and green colors for Christmas, but you can enjoy them all year long! If a vodka cran is one of your favorite drinks, then you’ll really enjoy this fruity mojito.
And you don’t even have to be an experienced mixologist to perfect this drink. After just a few simple steps, you’ll have the perfect cranberry drink.
I love creating different versions of classic drinks. There are so many different ways to make jello shots, margaritas and a ton of ways to customize a mojito.
This cranberry mojito reminds me of late-night fall parties, staying inside because the weather outside is too temperamental. This rum drink will definitely warm you up! Tart cranberry juice, sweet brown sugar, and tropical rum do a dance on your tongue.
I think this is my favorite mojito yet.
It’s both sweet and tart and refreshing all at the same time. After one glass, you’ll want to share it with your friends!
What’s In A Classic Mojito
If this is a new twist on a classic drink, what is in a mojito?
A basic mojito is made with rum, lime, mint, and sugar (or simple syrup). Then, it’s topped with something bubbly, like club soda.
There are a ton of different ways to build it from there.
You can change the flavor of the rum, add a different flavor of club soda, use a different sweetener, and even add different garnishes to it too.
The two things that stay the same in every mojito are muddling the mint and mixing it with club soda. (And I didn’t change that in this cranberry version).
Muddling the mint means you squeeze and smash the fresh mint leaves until they release their flavors.
You can do this with a muddler or use the back of a large spoon.
What’s In A Cranberry Mojito
So, how did I change it up? I added quite a few different ingredients to my cranberry mojito. Here’s what I used:
- Mint Leaves: This is essential. It’s what makes it taste like a mojito. Use fresh leaves.
- Brown Sugar: I found that using brown sugar actually enhanced the sweet notes in the cranberry juice.
- White Rum: If you use a dark rum, it will change the color, but it will still taste just as delicious.
- Cranberry Juice: This is what makes it taste like a cranberry mojito. Use pure, unsweetened cranberry juice for the best results.
- Club Soda: Use unflavored, carbonated water. This way you won’t have competing flavors.
- Lime Juice: The juice from 1/2 a lime brings out the tartness of the cranberry juice.
Then, for the garnish, you will use fresh cranberries, fresh lime slice, and some mint leaves.
How To Make A Cranberry Mojito Ahead Of Time
This cranberry cocktail really tastes better if you make it right before you serve it.
You can mix the club soda with the rum, brown sugar, lime juice, and cranberry juice ahead of time. Then, pour this mixture into the glasses with the muddle mint leaves.
If you want to make this ahead of time, store it in a container with a lid so that the carbonation from the club soda doesn’t go flat.
Other Party Cocktails
You really can’t go wrong if you make a bunch of different cocktails for your party! Your guests might also like some mojito jello shots too!
You don’t need a lot of complicated tools to make a cranberry mojito cocktail.
I suggest getting a muddler. Even though you can squish and press the mint leaves with a spoon, a muddler makes the entire process so much easier!
You should also have a cocktail shaker. This is a shaken cocktail and tastes better when everything mixes together perfectly.
Finally, get some festive glasses! If you’re serving this at an Island-themed party, grab some mini umbrellas. Serve your drinks in a way that goes with the theme.
More Great Mojito Recipes To Try:
- Dirty Mojito
- Blueberry Lemonade Mojito
- Moscow Mule Mojito With Ginger Beer
- Easy Tequila Mojito Recipe
- Green Cocktail – Emerald Sunrise
- Delicious Frozen Peach Margaritas
- Pineapple Mojito
- Blueberry Mojito Cocktail
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp. Brown sugar
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 ounce club soda
- 1 cup ice
- Fresh cranberries for garnish
- Fresh lime slice or wedge for garnish
- Extra sprig of mint for garnish
- To your cocktail shaker, add mint leaves, brown sugar, and lime juice. Muddle to release the mint and dissolve the sugar.
- Add cranberry juice, rum, and ice. Shake well to combine and chill.
- Pour into your cocktail glass, and top with club soda.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries, lime, and mint, however you prefer.