A blueberry lemonade mojito is the perfect summer cocktail. It’s refreshing, flavorful, and easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any extra blueberries you may have. This will become one of your favorite mojito recipes to serve at picnics or backyard BBQs.
To make a blueberry lemonade mojito, start by muddling some fresh blueberries in the bottom of a glass. Or follow the instruction below and puree the blueberries first.
Top off the drink with club soda or sparkling water, and garnish with a lemon slice, fresh blueberries, and mint.
Whether you’re hosting a summer party or just looking for a delicious cocktail to enjoy, a blueberry lemonade mojito is a perfect choice.
What Kind Of Rum To Use For A Mojito?
When it comes to mixing up a refreshing rum cocktail, choosing the right rum is key. If you want your drink to have a light, refreshing flavor, then you’ll want to choose a light rum. Here are a few tips for choosing the perfect light rum for your next cocktail recipe:
- Pay attention to the proof. The higher the proof, the more intense the flavor of the rum will be. For a light and refreshing cocktail, stick with a rum that has a lower proof.
- Look for rums that are made from sugar cane juice. These rums tend to have a lighter flavor than those made from molasses.
- Avoid flavored rums. These rums can be great for sipping on their own, but they can make your cocktail taste overly sweet or artificial. Instead, stick with a plain light rum and add your own fresh fruit juices or other flavors to create a unique and delicious drink.
Club Soda or Seltzer Water
I used club soda because it is commonly used to make a ton of different kinds of cocktails. I don’t recommend using seltzer water. There is a pretty large difference between club soda and seltzer water.
Club soda is just water that was injected with carbon dioxide. It’s bubbly water.
Seltzer water has added minerals in it (I like potassium bicarbonate). Seltzer water has a stronger flavor than club soda. Most people prefer mild club soda for this reason.
What Is A Simple Syrup
You can buy simple syrup from the store for mixing cocktails. This is the easiest way to make cocktails at home. Simple syrup is basically a liquid sweetener. If you made it at home, you would dissolve sugar into water, using equal parts of each.
Fresh Or Frozen Blueberries
Since you will be pureeing the blueberries, it doesn’t quite matter whether you use fresh or frozen blueberries.
If you use frozen blueberries, let them thaw completely before you puree them. You should also drain as much water as possible from them.
Blending frozen blueberries will result in a slushy consistency.
Best Blender For Blueberry Lemonade Mojitos
Using a blender makes these mojitos so easy! All you do is add the ingredients into the blender and let it do all the work for you.
I prefer to use a small blender, like the BlendJet. It holds just all of the ingredients, and then all you have to do is pour it into your glass.
Cleaning up a small blender is so much easier than using a bulky large one. If you are making a pitcher of mojitos for a party, you might want a larger blender.
In a blender add the blueberries, lemon juice, simple syrup and lemonade.
Blend until pureed.
Pour 1⁄2 the blueberry mixture into the glass and top with ice.
Add the rest of the blueberry mixture to a bar shaker.
Add club soda, and rum. Shake until combined.
Pour into the glass over ice and garnish.
Blueberry Lemonade Mojito
- 5 Fresh Mint Leaves Minced
- 1/4 Cup Blueberries
- 1/2 Oz Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Light Rum
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 2 Oz Lemonade
- 2 Oz Club Soda
- In a blender add the blueberries, lemon juice, simple syrup and lemonade.
- Blend until pureed.
- Pour 1⁄2 the blueberry mixture into the glass and top with ice.
- Add the rest of the blueberry mixture to a bar shaker.
- Add club soda, and rum. Shake until combined.
- Pour into the glass over ice and garnish.
More Party Cocktails
Here are some more of my favorite party-ready mixed drinks. Most of them are mojitos – because you can never have too many mojitos!
- Blueberry Vodka Lemonade
- Moscow Mule Mojito With Ginger Beer
- Easy Tequila Mojito Recipe
- Green Cocktail – Emerald Sunrise
- Delicious Frozen Peach Margaritas
- Blueberry Mojito Cocktail
I hope you enjoy this blueberry lemonade mojito as much as I did! This refreshing drink combines the sweetness of blueberries with the tartness of lemonade and the sophistication of rum – summer’s perfect drink. Cheers!