This drink is a perfect St. Patrick’s Day Green Cocktail. At Oh My! Creative I believe every celebration needs a signature cocktail!
There are many green drinks that can be made for St. Patrick’s Day. I like to call this drink the Emerald Sunrise Cocktail!
This drink is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations and is made with five ingredients and is the perfect green vodka cocktail. The great thing about this green drink recipe is that it does not use green food coloring to achieve its green coloring. This is a naturally colored green drink. The combination of alcohol and mixers gives this drink its bright shade of green!
Emerald Sunrise Cocktail
- Green apple liquor
- Potato based vodka
- Blue Curacao
- Sweet & Sour mix
- Granishes: Mint, orange slices, cherries, lime slices
The drink starts off with a few ice cubes in a cocktail shaker. Next, pour the vodka, green apple liquor, Blue Curacao, orange juice and sweet & sour mix.
Shake vigorously to combine then pour into an ice-filled glass. Finally, shake the mixture well before drinking it up!
Green Cocktail Garnish Ideas
Be colorful with your St. Patrick’s Day drink garnishes…think rainbow colors! Use mint, orange slices,maraschino cherries, or lime slices to add a splash of color to the drink.
Slice and cut oranges and limes ahead of time and place in sectional dishes on the bar. Also, put 2-3 maraschino cherries on a toothpick or small skewer and have them ready to go.
St. Patrick’s Day Ideas
St. Patrick’s Day is a day to celebrate Irish culture and heritage. It is also a day to wear green, drink beer, eat corned beef and cabbage, and watch the parade.
This is also a day for people all over the world to celebrate with family and friends by hosting St. Patrick’s Day parties at home or at work or at school.
Get in the Irish spirit with these fun St. Patrick’s Day Ideas
- Wear Green
- Wear anything with shamrock’s – t-shirts, earings, jewelry or hats and scarves.
- Go out with friends to lunch or dinner in your festive outfit.
- Drink this green cocktail with friends.
- Make green beer.
- Go to an Irish pub.
- Go to a St. Patrick’s Day parade in your local town.
- Do leprechaun crafts or coloring pages with the kids.
- Make fun rainbow foods.
Why Do You Wear Green For St. Patrick’s Day?
The tradition of wearing green goes back to the 17th century when Ireland was part of the British Empire. The Irish wore green clothing to show their loyalty to England.
Luckily I have a few more St. Patrick’s Day recipes below…
More Great St. Patrick’s Day Ideas:
- Rainbow Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Lucky Charms Milk
- Luck of the Irish Rice Krispie Treats
- Rainbow Donuts
- St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Cookies
- St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Desserts
- Shamrock Cut & Paste With Printable Shamrock
- Leprechaun Crafts
Print the full recipe instruction for this delicious green drink below. Sip and enjoy the holiday with friends!
St. Patrick’s Day Green Cocktail
- 1 OZ Green Apple Liquor
- 1 OZ Potato Based Vodka
- 1 OZ Blue Curacao
- 2 OZ Orange Juice
- 2 OZ Sweet & Sour mix
- Mint, orange slices, cherries, lime slices.
- In a large shaker add apple liquor, vodka, Blue Curacao, OJ and sweet & sour mix.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour into an ice filled glass.
- Garnish and enjoy.
Have a great St. Patrick’s Day!