Elevate your holiday baking game! This cinnamon roll apple pie is a combination of two popular desserts into one amazing dish.
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
As if you could possibly improve on a classic, this recipe is a marriage of two of them! Rich, decadent apple pie filling sits on a flaky crust. All of this is topped with irresistible cinnamon rolls and drizzled with icing.
You won’t believe how this tastes! As everyone stares in wonder at your creation, they won’t know how extremely easy it is! In fact, this is even easier to make than a homemade apple pie.
Here’s what I used to make my cinnamon roll apple pie. I took a few shortcuts, but no one will be able to tell.
- Premade Pie Crust
- Package of Refrigerated Pie Crust
Homemade Cinnamon Icing Ingredients
One thing I did make myself was the cinnamon icing. To save time you can use canned frosting, but this frosting is so easy to mix up and it tastes so much better.
- Powdered Sugar
- Whole Milk
You will also need a piping bag. If you don’t have one, you can use a zippered freezer bag and just cut off a tiny bit in the corner. It works the same way.
What Kind Of Apples Are Best In Apple Pie?
Honestly, Granny Smith apples are the most popular variety to use in apple pie. They are tart and have the ideal texture. You want an apple that is tart enough so that the apple pie isn’t overly sweet from the added sugar.
Can You Freeze This Pie?
Yes, you can freeze this pie. Freeze it before you add the frosting. After you make this apple pie, let it cool completely and then seal it tightly with a lid in a freezer-safe container. This will last about 6 months in the freezer. When you are ready to eat it again, just let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then heat it back up in the oven. Yum!
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- 9-inch deep pie dish
- Medium mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Disposable Piping Bag
- 5 cups apples chopped and peeled
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter cubed
- 1 premade pie crust
- 1 package of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1-3 tbsp whole milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a 9in deep pie dish with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and bourbon and mix together.
- Unroll the pie crust, and place it into a 9in deep pie pan.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie shell.
- Place the butter over the apple mixture.
- Place the pie onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 450 and then bring the oven temp down to 350 degrees, continue baking for 30-45 minutes or until the center is set and the edges are a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from can and place onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Following the directions on the pan, bake the cinnamon rolls as recommended.
- Once they are baked, allow them to cool for 5 minutes before placing them onto the top of the apple pie.
Cinnamon Icing Instructions
- Using a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until combined and smooth.
- Pour it into a piping bag.
- Cut the tip and drizzle the icing over the pie.
- Cut and serve!
You may also like these apple recipes!
- Apple Tart Recipe
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- Gingerbread Apple Pie Cake
- Homemade Caramel Apples
- Mini Dutch Apple Pies with Caramel Sauce
- 25 Amazing Apple Recipes
More Fall Desserts
Fall is the perfect time to bake! Here are some more fall treats you can make when the weather is cool.