Celebrate your Irish heritage with green, white, and orange Irish flag St. Patrick’s Day Jello Shots! They are among The Best Jello Shot Recipes you’ll ever make because they are both easy and show off fantastically for your party!
As fun as it is to wear “kiss me, I’m Irish” shirts and silly shamrock headpieces, there’s nothing quite like honoring the colors of the Irish flag. It’s respectful and a way to pay homage to this stunningly beautiful country.
Plus, you can make alcoholic and non-alcoholic jello shots! Keep reading, and I’ll share how to make them for your party.
Irish Flag St. Patrick’s Day Jello Shots are a fun way to celebrate the luck of the Irish!
With their orange, white, and green layers topped off with a creamy topping and sprinkles, these jello shots make for a festive treat that your friends and family will love. And best of all, they look just like the iconic Irish flag!
The Colors Of The Irish Flag
Here’s a bit of fun trivia that you can use to impress your party guests!
The green, white, and orange colors of the Irish flag have deep meanings. They stand for unity among the different types of people on the island.
Here is what each color represents:
- Green – Roman Catholics
- Orange – Irish Protestants
- White – Peace and Unity between the two groups
Today, there are a lot more than those two religions, so the flag just stands for unity and inclusion for everyone.
What’s In The Irish Flag St. Patrick’s Day Jello Shots?
The simple ingredients are listed below.
- Lime Jell-O – This is for the bottom, green layer
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – This is for the middle layer, to make it look white.
- Orange Jello – As you can guess, this is for the bottom layer.
- Knox Unflavored Gelatin – This is for the white layer. You’ll mix this with the sweetened condensed milk.
- Vodka – Even though it’s not real Irish whiskey, vodka mixes best with all the different flavors.
- Whipped Cream – Since you’ll add this to the top, I suggest using a bottle of it.
- Gold and Orange Sprinkles – This is the decoration on top
Make-Ahead St. Patty’s Day Jello Shots
Save yourself time and energy, and make these jello shots ahead of time! If that’s what you want to do, I suggest making them inside small cups with lids. This way, you can store a box of them in the refrigerator three days before your party.
You can even pack them into a small box and send them home with your guests! Seriously, the lids make all the difference!
If you’re going to make them ahead of time, I suggest storing them without the whipped cream and top. Add that right before the party.
How To Make Non-Alcoholic Jello Shots
The only thing that makes them alcoholic is the vodka.
If you want to make non-alcoholic jello shots, just replace the vodka with water. If you want to give them a more powerful taste, add a tiny bit of juice to match the layer (so, orange juice for the orange layer and some lime juice for the lime layer).
This will make them taste even sweeter, too.
How Long To Store Jello Shots
So, you know you can store the jello shots ahead of time, but how long will jello shots stay good in the fridge?
If you’re planning a party, then you know how important it is to do as much as you can ahead of time. Making the jello shots the night before will give you more time to decorate, bake, or do whatever else you need to do to prep!
If you want to make these jello shots ahead of time, store them in the refrigerator for up to two days. Of course, store them without whipped cream on top.
Either cover the Irish flag jello shots with plastic wrap or use the lids that came with the cups. This will keep the air off of them, which helps them taste fresh the day you serve them and prevent them from drying out.
More St. Patrick’s Day Drinks
- Irish Flag St. Patrick’s Day Jello Shots
- Perfectly Delicious Bailey’s Jello Shots
- St. Patrick’s Day Green Cocktail – Emerald Sunrise
- Shamrock St. Patrick’s Day Martini
- The Best St. Patrick’s Day Drinks | Green Cocktails
Irish Flag St. Patrick’s Day Jello Shots
- 14 Plastic shot cups with lids
- 3 ounces Lime Jello
- 12 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 ounces Orange Jello
- 3 ounces Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- 4 cups Water divided
- 1.5 cups Vodka divided
- Whipped Cream for topping
- Green and Orange Sprinkles for topping
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in green jello, stirring until dissolved. Add ½ cup cold water and ½ cup vodka, and stir to combine.
- Pour the green jello mixture evenly between your 3 oz. cups, filling them about ⅓ full.
- Move the cups to the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- For the next layer, in a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup water and 1 envelope of knox gelatin. Heat to barely a boil. Remove from the heat and pour in sweetened condensed milk and vodka, stir to combine. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once the mixture has cooled, add to your jello shot cups, filling ⅔ of the way full, leaving equal room for the last layer. You may have extra of the sweetened condensed milk mixture, which you can discard.
- Move the cups back to the refrigerator to chill for another 2 hours.
- For the last layer, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in orange jello, until dissolved. Add ½ cup cold water and ½ cup vodka, and stir to combine. Allow the orange jello mixture to cool completely.
- Once jello is cool, fill your shot cups the remainder of the way with orange jello.
- Move the cups back to the refrigerator to chill for 2 more hours, or until ready to serve.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream and orange and green sprinkles.
Please enjoy these jello shots responsibly!
More St. Patrick’s Day Ideas
As you prepare for your party, here are some more fantastic and fun St. Patty’s day party ideas you should try: