These key lime pie Jello shots are ready for summertime! They are some of The Best Jello Shots to hand out to guests and look like mini desserts in a cup.
Be careful with these little green and white Jello shots. You can’t even tell how strong they are when you eat them. They are so sweet and have that tangy iconic lime flavor that you love. Plus, the fresh lime wedges as a garnish are the perfect things to serve at a pool party or outdoor BBQ.
You don’t have to have bartending or cake decorating experience to make these cute lime pie Jello shots. Keep reading, and I’ll share my best tips with you. Even the most novice baker will be able to make these little shots.
There are three decadent layers to these Jello shots. On the bottom is the lime Jello. You’ll infuse this with lime vodka to give it a stronger citrus flavor.
Lime vodka is optional. If you don’t have lime vodka, just use your favorite kind of vodka and add some fresh lemon juice in with it.
The top layer is the creamy key lime pie layer. I used both key lime cream liqueur and whipped vodka with lime jello and condensed milk. This is the creamiest and richest Jello shot you will ever make!
How To Make Dairy-Free Key Lime Pie Jello Shots
Condensed milk is one of the main ingredients in the top pie layer. If you are lactose intolerant or just want to make dairy-free versions, I suggest replacing the condensed milk with canned coconut milk.
The coconut milk will give the lime pie Jello shots an island flair.
You will also have to replace the Key Lime Cream Liqueur since that is made with condensed milk too.
Either way, this is a delicious recipe that looks perfect for your next party!
Give yourself plenty of time to make them. You’ll have to account for the time it takes for each layer to set before you add the next layer on top.
How To Make Key Lime Pie Jello Shots Ahead Of Time
If you are preparing these Jello shots for an upcoming party, then you probably want to make them ahead of time. They will last about two days in the refrigerator. Don’t add the whipped cream on top until right before you serve them.
The whipped cream on top of the key lime pie Jello shots will melt the quickest. It’s only really pretty for about an hour after you add it.
Make the first two layers and then place them in a lidded container. Ideally, you want to keep as much air off of the Jello shots as you can.
Right before your guests arrive, pull the Jello shots out and add the whipped cream! It’s so easy!
More Party Drinks
Cocktails and mixed drinks are some of the most fun things to make for parties! I enjoy making drinks that match my party’s theme. Here are more festive jello shot ideas you should try next.
- Sex On The Beach Jello Shots
- Pina Colada Jello Shots
- Shark Fin Jello Shots
- Beach Jello Shots
- 20 Fun Summer Jello Shots
No matter what your theme or occasion is, there is a drink that will enhance the entire atmosphere.
Key Lime Pie Jello Shots
- 12 Jello Shot Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- 3 ounces Package Lime Jello
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 3/4 cup Lime Vodka chilled
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
Key Lime Pie Layer
- 1 1/2 cups Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup Key Lime Juice
- 3 ounces Lime Jello package
- 1/2 cup Key Lime Cream Liqueur
- 1/2 cup Whipped Vodka
- Whipped Cream
- Lime Wedges
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Pour the lime jello into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to the jello and mix well.
- Add the chilled vodka and cold water to the jello mix and stir again. Allow the jello mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the jello mixture into the Jello shot cups, 1⁄4 of the way full. Chill for 1 to 2 hours, until the jello has set.
Key Lime Pie Layer
- Bring the condensed milk to a low boil.
- Pour the lime jello into the condensed milk.
- Stir well to combine.
- Add the chilled vodka, lime cream liqueur, and key lime juice.
- Stir well to combine.
- Allow the Jello mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the Jello cream pie mixture on top of the lime Jello, and fill to the top. Chill for 2 hours, until Jello has set.
- Garnish and enjoy.
Make these delicious key lime pie jello shots ahead of time but save adding the whipped cream to the top until you are ready to serve them. Enjoy!