These Hot Cocoa Peppermint Jello Shots are like grown-up hot cocoa! Creamy hot chocolate with peppermint flavors topped with whipped cream! They are the perfect things to add to your list of the Best Jello Shot Recipes ever!
Jello was super-fun to eat as a kid. Ok…it’s still the best thing to eat as a grown-up too. That jiggly texture is cute and the sweet flavors burst on your tongue as the jello melts in your mouth.
If you loved jello shapes as a kid, then you probably like Jello shots as an adult! I know I do! And I especially love serving jello shots at parties!
The best thing about these jello shots is that they look and taste like spiked peppermint mocha! The bottom is all chocolate and coffee; then it’s topped with delicious peppermint and whipped cream.
The mini candy canes make the perfect little garnish! Yes, the candy canes are optional but don’t skip them.
What’s In Hot Cocoa Peppermint Jello Shots
There are just a handful of ingredients in these super-easy Christmas jello shots. The entire recipe is in the printable recipe card, a bit further below. First, here’s a bit more information about what’s in hot cocoa peppermint jello shots.
- Evaporated Milk: This is what makes them extra rich and creamy.
- Jello: Use unflavored gelatin powder. All the other flavors need to stand out.
- Sugar: Use white granulated sugar to sweeten the gelatin.
- Cocoa Powder: This makes them taste like peppermint hot chocolate. For a fun twist, use dark cocoa powder.
- Vanilla Extract: Since you used plain gelatin, you need vanilla to give it a deeper flavor profile.
- Godiva Chocolate Liqueur: The chocolate liqueur rounds out all the flavors and makes it taste rich.
- Smirnoff Peppermint Twist: This is what makes it taste like candy canes.
Best Alcohol for Jello Shots
Since I was trying to recreate a peppermint hot cocoa, I used Godiva chocolate liqueur. It’s so rich and smooth that it’s the perfect choice for peppermint hot chocolate jello shots.
For the peppermint flavor, use the Smirnoff Peppermint twist! It mixes really well with the Godiva.
How Long To Store Jello Shots
You can make these jello shots ahead of time.
Jello will last about three days in the refrigerator. Cover them with plastic food storage wrap to keep the flavor fresh.
Christmas Appetizer Ideas:
Try some of these tasty bites for your holiday gathering! It’s always a good idea to have a selection of foods to serve with cocktails…here are some favorites!
- Easy To Make Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes Appetizer Bites
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Bacon Bites
- Layered Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Spread
- Pesto Pinwheel Appetizer
- 40+ Holiday Appetizers, Drinks and Desserts
Hot Cocoa Peppermint Jello Shots
- 24 Plastic shot cups
- 1/2 cup Hot Water From Faucet not boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups Evaporated Milk or a 12-ounce can
- 2 envelopes Unflavored Gelatin Powder
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 1/4 cup Smirnoff Peppermint Twist
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Candy Cane Stick
- In a medium bowl, add water, and unavored gelatin, stir to combine.
- Set aside.
- Let sit for 5 minutes until the mixture is thickened.
- I na medium saucepan add the evaporated milk, sugar, and cocoa powder, stir to combine.
- Cook over medium-low heat until it begins to simmer.
- Add the chocolate mixture into the gelatin mixture, stir until the gelatin is dissolved and there are no clumps. Add the Godiva chocolate liqueur, Peppermint Schnapps and vanilla extract.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into 2-ounce plastic shot cups to the top.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until set.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on each jello cup and top with whip cream and crushed candy canes.
- Add a candy stick for added air.
More Holiday Ideas
If you enjoyed making peppermint mocha jello shots, here are some more holiday dessert ideas you should make next! They are some of my favorites.
- Eggnog Jello Shots
- Cranberry Jello Shots
- Santa Hat Jello Shots
- White Christmas Mojito
- Santa Hat Martini
- Christmas Mojito
- Cranberry Martini
These peppermint mocha jello shots are so yummy! The best part is how easy they are and besides the time it takes to make and have the Jell-O setup, they are easy to decorate! Happy Holidays!