Hi! This is Ilona from Ilona’s Passion. I am happy to bring you a new delicious recipe. This Quick and Easy Broccoli Casserole Recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners. The whole family will love it!
Recently I am baking more casserole dishes. They are quick to make, and there are many possibilities. They can be meatless or with meat. If you have a delicious sauce on hand, I bet the casserole will be tasty. I usually buy my favorite sauces and then I decide what ingredients will go well together. I mostly prepare meatless casseroles but with meat, they are great too.
This easy broccoli casserole recipe didn’t take a lot of time to make. I used only a few ingredients. Broccoli, rice, kidney beans, mozzarella cheese and my favorite vodka sauce. I almost always keep vodka sauce on hand. It goes well with anything: rice, veggies or pasta. For this dish, I was thinking of using pasta but rice suited perfectly.
First, I cooked the rice and broccoli, so the ingredients incorporated very well while baking in the oven. The whole dish came out very tasty! With the perfect amount of cheese. The broccoli casserole takes about 1 hour. Which is not bad for the large dish. And it is perfect for the whole family! For the topping you can add some fresh vegetables like tomatoes, peppers or chive.
I had a pleasure to make more recipes here on Oh My! Creative and you can view them here: Easy Chicken Soup Recipe and Basil Baked Chicken Legs. These recipes are perfect for weeknight dinner as well! I hope you’ll check these mouthwatering recipes and you’ll give them a try.
Easy Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup rice uncooked
- 1 cup kidney beans canned
- 2 cups vodka sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare 10 x 8 baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan add water and immerse broccoli florets. Cook on medium heat for 5 - 10 minutes until the vegetable will become soft.
- Cook rice according to the package instructions.
- In a large bowl combine cooked broccoli, cooked rice, kidney beans and vodka sauce. Add some salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour everything into the baking pan. Add shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe created by Ilona’s Passion