Hi there! It’s Khrista from ezeBreezy – Life Simplified. Today, I’m going to be sharing a recipe for one of my family’s favorite summertime desserts – Oreo Icebox Pie.
You can put this dessert together in under ten minutes. The hardest part is waiting while it sets up in the fridge. But you won’t be sorry. This easy to make no-bake dessert is the perfect addition to any summer gathering.
Oreos are awesome. But, Oreos along with layers of pudding and sweet whipped cream…that’s out-of-this-world delicious. Since Oreos are a staple in our house, I love finding easy ways to incorporate them into desserts. I made this Oreo Icebox Pie for a cookout we had over Memorial Day weekend, and with so much to do to get ready, this dessert was a huge time-saver. And it’s always a crowd-pleaser, so it was a win-win!
There are some things that are meant to go together, and an Oreo with milk are no exception. For this recipe, you’ll dunk each Oreo in milk before adding it the pie crust. This is an essential part of making this Oreo Icebox Pie so delicious.
I have to warn you, ALWAYS have an extra bag of Oreos on hand. A phenomenon happens when you make this pie. You can easily end up running short of Oreo cookies. It always seems to happen in my house. I am not sure, but I think I might have a little cookie burglar breaking into my cookie stash. But who can blame her. She is only seven, and Oreos are irresistible!
This no-bake Oreo Icebox Pie can easily be made in about ten minutes. Then it’s the hard part. Waiting at least six hours for the pie to set up and all the flavors to meld together. But it’s so worth it. This is a great dessert to make for any occasion just like oreo cake or oreo cheesecake and can easily be made in advance and kept in the fridge.
Oreo Icebox Pie
- 1 Oreo pie crust store-bought
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1.5 cups milk for dunking Oreo cookies in
- 3.4 oz. chocolate fudge pudding follow directions on the pudding package
- 2 cups milk to prepare chocolate fudge pudding
- 16 oz. Cool Whip 1 container thawed
- 1/4 cup chocolate curls for garnish - optional
- Make pudding as directed and chill until ready to use.
- Spread a layer of Cool Whip over the bottom of store-bought Oreo pie crust.
- Dunk Oreos in glass of milk for 1-2 seconds and then layer cookies over Cool Whip.
- Spread another layer of Cool Whip over Oreo cookies.
- Repeat with another layer of Cool Whip.
- Spread the prepared chocolate pudding. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over the pudding layer. Top with curls of chocolate. Chill for 8 hours or overnight before serving.
I am so glad that I have the opportunity to share with you all today. I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious Icebox Oreo pie. Happy summer!