This Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe is made with simple ingredients and bursting with flavor. And bonus…it even has a few hidden veggies! It’s the perfect quick and delicious meal the whole family with love.
Can you believe school is right around the corner? Eeks! I’ll be honest, I’m not ready. Part of my back to school prep is putting together a list of simple, easy to make dinners. The start of a new school year is always so busy; the last thing you want to be doing after a hectic day is cooking a complicated dinner.
Finding ways to simplify dinners during the school year is a must, so I am excited to be sharing this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe today. This recipe calls for ground turkey but you can easily substitute ground beef. I have even used a 50/50 mix of ground turkey and ground beef and the chili turns out delicious. I’ve even been known to throw in some beans every once in a while! This recipe is super versatile so just use whichever suits your family’s taste best.
Sometimes getting our kids to eat vegetables can be a challenge and this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe is the perfect way to add some extra vegetables into your child’s day. The zucchini cooks so slowly it just melts into the chili rendering it undetectable. It’s the perfect way to sneak vegetables into your kids without them suspecting a thing!
Using the slow cooker for dinners is a great way to help make mealtime a little easier. I have always loved them because you can just toss everything in that morning and then come home after a busy day to a delicious hot dinner ready for the whole family.
This chili recipe will soon become a family favorite. Try serving it with some saltines or sweet cornbread. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 pounds ground turkey*
- 1 1 ounce package taco seasoning mix
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 14.5 ounce can low sodium beef broth
- 1 large jar salsa
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 7 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 3 medium zucchini diced
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 cup sour cream optional
- 1 cup shredded cheese optional
- Heat oil over medium heat. Place the ground turkey in a skillet, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
- Place the turkey in a slow cooker, and mix in onion, green bell pepper, crushed tomatoes, salsa, green chilies, and zucchini. Season with chili powder, cumin, oregano, coriander, and taco seasoning packet. Stir lightly. Pour in beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Recipe by ezeBreezy – Life Simplified