Say hello, to this beautiful Fresh Salsa Recipe. It’s also known as Rainbow Salsa. Many of you know that Mexican Food is my favorite. Whatever I can do to enjoy a little Mexican food, I run with it. Creating salsa from scratch is not only easy, it’s fun. This is also a perfect Cinco de Mayo recipe!
Cooking with fresh ingredients is always a must from time to time. I realize you can’t cook everything from scratch, but salsa is a homemade must. When you’re making Mexican Dishes, you need fresh salsa to throw on the side. Or include it at your next Mexican Fiesta Party!
This fresh salsa recipe is always a hit with the family. It makes a great afternoon snack for the kids or a tasty appetizer for parties and picnics. Store this recipe with your recipe cards and pull it out the next time you want to make salsa from scratch. Store bought salsa has nothing on this Fresh Salsa recipe. There’s only one thing left to do and that’s to enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
- 6 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 – 15oz Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 15oz Can Corn, drained
- 4 Green Onions
- ½ cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Cilantro
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1-2 Limes
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1. Chop the green onions, pepper, onions, and cilantro and put into a medium bowl.
2. Add the beans, corn, and spices and gently mix well.
3. Add the juice of the 1-2 limes and mix well.
4. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours and serve with tortilla chips.
5. Delicious and simple summer snack!
I know cilantro is not for everyone…I’m one of those people. I don’t love cilantro but in some recipes, it is a must. If you are like me, you can add a smaller amount or leave it out altogether.
Linking to these wonderful parties!