Need a fun activity for Thanksgiving? Check out this Turkey Popsicle Stick Craft! It’s one of the best Creative Thanksgiving Ideas that the kids will have a blast making!
All you need are a few simple supplies to make this turkey craft. Trust me – it’s going to be a hit!
Using popsicle sticks and feathers is a fun way to show the kids that creativity can happen easily.
Just check out those cute little turkey feet! Who knew that this many details could be made out of simple craft supplies?
Make sure that you allow time for the glue to dry so that the turkey doesn’t fall apart.
This would be a super fun activity to have at a family gathering and a great way to keep the kids busy.
Simple Turkey Craft for Kids
The great thing about making this popsicle turkey craft is that it takes minimal time but brings maximum fun.
Plus, depending on the age of the kids, they might be able to create this simple Thanksgiving craft all on their own!
It’s always a good idea to sit down next to them and be creative, but make sure to let their imagination fly.
Because once they make their own Turkey Craft for Thanksgiving, they’re going to want to show it off to everyone at the house.
Be sure to follow the simple instructions on the how-to card below to start and complete with any issues.
As you can see from the supply picture above, this simple craft is made using very few supplies.
That’s a good thing – because it means that the kids can start creating sooner!
Where can I buy craft supplies?
Since these are common craft supplies that can actually be used with other crafts, it’s a good idea to keep them on hand.
Buying them online from places like Amazon means that you can have them delivered right to your front door.
If you have a craft store in your hometown, show them love and shop local!
You can also have fun and change the colors of your feathers. I like to use fall colors since this is for Thanksgiving, but there are no rules when it comes to creativity.
Google eyes are a must for this craft – because they make the turkeys look so cute!
More Thanksgiving Activities
Beware – the crafting bug is contagious! Once you get started making cute crafts during this time of year, you’re going to want to make more.
Here are some other Turkey Day activities and crafts to try!
- 28 Thanksgiving Turkey Projects And Crafts
- Kids Thanksgiving Turkey Craft
- Printable Thanksgiving Coloring Pages
- Thanksgiving Conversation Starters Free Printables
Make some room on a shelf at home so that you can show this off! It’s the perfect Thanksgiving decor!
- Popsicle sticks
- Brown paint
- Googly eyes
- Orange and yellow felt
- Hot glue/Hot glue gun
- Start by gluing 5 popsicle sticks together in a row, and then once those are dry, cut a popsicle stick in half. Glue one half on the back side of the row of popsicle sticks at the top, and glue the other half at the bottom.
- Paint the popsicle sticks brown and let the popsicle sticks dry.
- Once the brown paint is dry, glue the feet on the back side, hanging down, and glue the eyes on the front.
- Cut out the beard and nose from the felt pieces and glue them on.
- Glue the feathers around the top of the turkey.
Are you going to add any other fun and funky colors for the feathers, or keep this craft just like it is?