Imagine showing up at a holiday celebration with these adorable Santa’s Stuck in the Chimney Rice Krispie Bars! So stinkin’ cute! Rice Krispie treats are always popular with kids at parties…okay, adults love them too! A few years ago I made these Chocolate Pretzel Christmas Tree Treats and the plate was empty in no time. I love to get creative at Christmas…so many fun ways to bake, create and celebrate this time of year!
While these Santa Rice Krispie Bars aren’t exactly the perfect fit for an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party they sure would be fun displayed on a plate! Ugly Christmas Sweaters are so much fun…I am thinking of hosting a party this year!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Using the prepackage Rice Krispies Treats makes it easy to get started.
- 6 Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 cup Chocolate discs/melts (milk chocolate/cocoa lite)
- ½ cup shredded Coconut
- 12 mini marshmallows
- SweetTarts soft & chewy ropes
- Parchment Paper
1. Unwrap Rice Krispies Treats and lay on parchment paper.
2. Take a knife and cut out 2 holes on one end of a Rice Krispies Treat. Make the holes about the size of the candy ropes.
3. Cut candy ropes in about 2-inch pieces and set aside.
4. Pour chocolate discs in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and stir. Continue to microwave at 30 seconds intervals until chocolate is melted.
5. Take a rice Krispie treat and dip in chocolate, make sure to coat all sides. Place on parchment paper.
6. Take a rice Krispie treat and dip in chocolate, make sure to coat all sides. Place on parchment paper.
7. On the end with the 2 holes, sprinkle coconut on the top and sides. Only go down about 1/3 way. (This is the snow on the top of the chimney).
8. Insert 2 ropes into the holes that you made earlier.
9. Repeat all steps until all 6 treats are made.
10. Stick in the refrigerator for a few minutes or until hardened.
12. While those are hardening take your mini marshmallows and dip just the ends in chocolate. Lay on parchment paper to dry.
13. When everything is hardened, you’re ready to add the boots.
14. Take your mini marshmallows and cut off just the very end of the non-chocolate side. Stick the side you just cut to the end of the rope. (These will be Santa’s boots).
They are ready to enjoy!
You might also like these
Linking to these wonderful parties!