Everyone of all ages will enjoy making these wood slice snowman ornaments. They are very easy to make and can be customized too.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Cute & Easy DIY Ornaments Anyone Can Make
I love getting together with friends and family and making ornaments together. I’m constantly thinking of new ones we can make that are easy enough for the small children and the not-so-crafts-oriented. And I think I have the perfect one.
Plus, you can customize it, so no two snowmen will look exactly the same.
How to Make Wood Slice Snowman Ornaments
These take less than an hour to make and only need a handful of supplies. They are perfect for craft nights or just spending time together as a family.
You might already have most of these supplies in your craft stash.
- Wood Slices
- Orange String
- Googly Eyes
- Decorative Trim
- Decorative String or Ribbon
Wood Slice Snowman Directions
1. First, paint the wood slices with white paint. Allow the paint to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
2. Glue the trim. Pick out some decorative ribbon and glue it around the edges of the wood slices. I used some that looked like snowballs.
3. Create the snowman’s nose. To do this, cut a triangle from cardboard, paint orange and allow the paint to dry completely. Then, wrap the carrot nose with an orange string. Secure it with glue.
4. Glue the nose onto the snowman.
5. Decorate the snowman’s face. Paint on a coal mouth, buttons, and pink rosy cheeks. Then, glue googly eyes above the carrot nose. Finally, glue the two wood slices together.
6. Glue the wood slices together. After it’s all decorated, glue the two wood slices together. Now it looks like a snowman.
7. Hang it Up. Loop a decorative string or ribbon and glue onto the back. After the glue dries, you are ready to hang up the snowmen.
What To Do With Your Snowman
There are so many different ideas! Here are my favorites.
- Give as a gift – you can write their name on the back or front and make it a DIY teacher’s gift.
- Write the date on it – always remember when you made the snowman
- Decorate with your favorite team’s colors
- Create a snowman family just like your family
Another Way to Make the Orange Nose
If you don’t want to mess with the time it takes to make the triangle-shaped nose, you can always just use orange paint or an orange marker and paint a nose on the snowman’s face.
Personalize Your Snowman
You can even give it a fun little scarf or paint the eyes the same color as yours. There are lots of ways to personalize it and make it creatively your own.
More Fun Christmas Crafts
When the weather is blustery and cold, stay inside and do fun crafts! Browse this list of fun holiday crafts and pick out another one to try next. Don’t forget to pin this post so you can find it later.
- DIY Cookie Box Gift Printable
- Santa Is Stuck in the Chimney Rice Krispie Bars
- Snowman Soup Gift Bag Idea with Free Printable
- Snowman Candy Bar Craft