This healthy turkey chili recipe will feed a family of 4. It’s a Weight Watchers Turkey Chili but also a comforting recipe that’s easy to keep mild or make as spicy as you like it.
I love it when I make a recipe that fits on my WW plan and that my entire family loves to eat along with me. When you are a parent, it’s tough to try to cook separate meals for your kids and yourself. Thankfully, this one is a crowd-pleaser! Plus, you make everything in one pot, fewer dishes.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Weight Watchers Turkey Chili Recipe
This recipe will feed 4 people. Even if you don’t have a family, you can still make this meal once and eat it throughout the week for your meal prep. Here’s how to make this delicious chili!
Why Use Ground Turkey In Chili On WW
Traditionally, people use ground beef in chili. I used 99% fat-free ground turkey because it’s a ZeroPoint food on Weight Watchers. According to WW, red meat (like beef) is higher in saturated fat, so it has more points than either turkey or chicken.
You can use ground chicken in this meal and it won’t affect the points one bit. I prefer the taste and texture of the ground turkey.
Turkey Chili Ingredients:
Here’s what I used in my turkey chili, along with any substitutions you can make.
- 99% fat-free ground turkey
- Corn kernels
- Diced tomatoes and green chilis – I used canned, but you can chop up a few cups of fresh tomatoes instead
- Dark red kidney beans – I used one can, but you can soak and cook dry kidney beans too. Do not use canned chili beans because they often have added sugar that will alter how many points this recipe is worth.
- Beef broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
On low heat using 2 sprays of cooking spray, brown ground turkey in a large pot until fully cooked and no longer pink.
Add corn, tomatoes, tomatoes with chilies, beans (drained and rinsed) and broth to the pot.
Next add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ground cumin and chili powder. Stir well.
Bring to a boil. Cover the pot with a lid and reduce heat to low. Continue cooking for 30 minutes.
How To Make Turkey Chili In The Slow Cooker
This is a really easy recipe to put in the slow cooker. Just brown and drain the ground turkey first. Then, add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and mix them together. Let it cook on low for about 4-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.
How To Store Leftover Chili
If you have leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator. Just put them in a sealed, airtight container. It will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
What To Eat With Turkey Chili
This is a very filling meal, you don’t need to add much to it. If you want a healthy side dish idea, roast some vegetables in the oven. My favorite veggies to eat with chili are carrots because they have a slightly sweet taste.
Turkey Chili Recipe & Points
You will need to figure this out according to your personal points plan.
Here’s the entire recipe in the printable recipe card. Don’t forget to pin this post so you can find it again later.
Weight Watchers Turkey Chili
- Dutch Oven
- 1 pound Ground Turkey 99% fat-free
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilis 14.5 ounces (add juice from the can)
- 1 can dark red kidney beans 14.5 ounces (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can beef broth 14.5 ounces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 Cooking Spray 2 sprays
- On low heat, brown ground turkey in large pot until fully cooked and no longer pink.
- Add corn, tomatoes, tomatoes with chilies, beans (drained and rinsed) and broth to the pot.
- Next add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ground cumin and chili powder. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil. Cover pot with lid and reduce heat to low. Continue cooking for 30 minutes.
More WW Recipes
Here are some more of my favorite WW recipes. You are going to love them!
- Easy Ranch Greek Yogurt Dip For Veggies
- Spicy Zucchini Taco Boat Recipe
- Balasamic Chicken
- 50+ Weight Watchers Low SmartPoint Snacks