If you are trying to eat a low-carb diet, this recipe is for you! My balsamic chicken recipe doesn’t have any added sugar or honey.
The best part is the entire meal takes less than 30 minutes to make! It’s super easy and deliciously low carb.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
An Easy and Healthy Dinner Idea
This healthy balsamic chicken with tomatoes and mushrooms took no more than 30 minutes to put together and was so delicious! I have been trying to eat healthier and cooking less processed or prepackaged foods. This can be so hard especially on busy days when you just want to take something out of the freezer to pop in the oven…instant dinner – done!
I don’t consider myself a great cook, but I do like find simple recipes that taste great. It is amazing how a few fresh ingredients can make a tasty and delicious meal with little effort!
Hope you give this balsamic chicken with tomatoes a try!!
If you are trying to cut out rice from your diet, here are some more ideas you can try in this recipe instead.
- Quinoa – I have been trying Quinoa in a few recipes. This would be perfect to substitute for the rice if you like!
- Cauliflower Rice – I made cauliflower rice for the first time and loved it. Cook it for about 5-7 minutes, strain and press out extra water and place this at the bottom of the casserole dish first. You could also cook separately and place a serving on a plate and top with the balsamic chicken. I like to steam my cauliflower rice with this vegetable steamer – it works great!
How To Make Low Carb Balsamic Chicken in the Oven
There are lots of options for balsamic chicken. Some make them on the stove top, others in the slow cooker. I made mine in the oven and it’s pretty quick and delicious!
The complete recipe is in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. But here is a quick overview for you.
This is what you will need from the store before you start to cook.
- Chicken breasts
- Cherry tomatoes
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Chopped garlic
I included some step-by-step pictures to show you how to make it too. This is a fantastic dinner recipe for a beginner cook.
1. Saute your veggies.
I have come to realize I really like to have my veggies cooked…so I have begun to sauté them before adding them to the casserole.
2. Pre-Cook the Chicken.
I discovered that pre-cooking the chicken cuts down on the cooking time. You can use rotisserie chicken or make your chicken ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
3. Blend balsamic vinegar, olive oil, water, basil, and garlic.
Use a food processor or a mini blender like the bullet.
4. Place in a dish and bake.
Then you just place the chicken in the dish and top with the rest of the ingredients and the balsamic sauce. Serve with rice or cauliflower rice.
Hope you will give my Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes and Mushrooms a try! Enjoy!
More Amazing Chicken Dinner Ideas
You may also like my Chicken Quesadilla With Corn Salsa – they’re so good!