This deviled eggs recipe is perfect for WW. It’s a delicious side dish or enjoy it as part of your healthy lunch.
If you are looking for easy and creative lunch ideas for WW, then this one is perfect! This is a classic deviled eggs recipe that I have used even before WW, it just happens to be perfect for this plan.
WW Healthy Deviled Eggs Points
Here’s how this recipe fits on your WW plan. One deviled egg (which is half of a full egg), is 1 point on green and 0 points on blue or purple.
Want to make this recipe keto-friendly? All you need to do is use dill relish instead of sweet relish. The recipe is already low in sugar and carbs.
What’s In Deviled Eggs
This a pretty classic recipe and you probably already have all the ingredients in your refrigerator. Here’s what you need from the store before you begin:
- Light Mayonnaise
- Yellow Mustard
- Sweet Relish
How To Hard Boil Eggs
Use eggs that are about a week old. They will be easier to peel. Here’s how to hard boil the eggs the easy way.
In a large pot, cover 6 eggs with water. Bring water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, cover with a lid, reduce heat to low/simmer and allow to cook for 7 minutes.
After they are hardboiled, place the eggs in a bowl of ice and let them cool completely before you try to peel them.
How To Store Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs don’t last very long before their texture begins to change. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How To Get Smooth Deviled Eggs Mixture
The best way to get your deviled egg filling to be extra smooth is to use an electric mixer. You can even use an immersion blender to chop and mix it up too.
What To Eat With Deviled Eggs
Eggs are an excellent source of protein and healthy fats. Just eating a few of them will help you feel full. Serve them with a high-protein and fiber-packed lunch, like a chopped salad with grilled chicken. You can also eat them with a tuna lettuce wrap or grilled chicken drumsticks and some raw veggies.
Weight Watchers Healthy Deviled Eggs
Here is the entire recipe in the printable recipe card. Don’t forget to pin this post to your WW Pinterest board.
Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Electric Mixer
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 3 tsp sweet relish
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika enough to sprinkle on top
- In a large pot, cover 6 eggs with water. Bring water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, cover with a lid, reduce heat to low/simmer and allow to cook for 7 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add light mayo, mustard, relish, and salt together. Set aside.
- When eggs are ready remove from heat and allow to sit for another 2 minutes in the covered pot.
- While you’re waiting for the extra 2 minutes, put ice and water in a large bowl. When the eggs are ready, place them in the ice water bath.
- Once your eggs are cool enough to handle (just a minute or two), gently peel the eggs and slice lengthwise down the center of the egg.
- Remove yokes and place them into the bowl with mayo, mustard, relish, and salt.
- Using a mixer, mix the ingredients until well combined and smooth in texture.
- You can now spoon the mixture into the egg whites or place the mixture into a piping bag with a decorative icing tip.
- Sprinkle with paprika and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
More Healthy Recipes
Here are some more recipes that will keep you on track: