I sure do love summer and all things patriotic! While these Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Kabobs are red, white and blue, you can change up the blue drizzle and make them any time of the year. Same great tasting summer dessert. Fruit kabobs or skewers are tasty but I love the little bit of sweet from the angle food cake.
I would serve this strawberry shortcake dessert with a side of whipped cream for dipping. I love whipped cream on just about anything but it is delicious on any kind of strawberry shortcake dessert…kabobs or not! If you love the blue drizzle on the skewers then check out my Patriotic Popcorn. It’s easy to make and so cute for all patriotic holidays. I can’t stop eating it – a little sweet and salty. Yum!
Another thing that makes this recipe so easy is the store bought angel food cake. Sure it’s great to bake from scratch but not necessary. I’m all about less work!
Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Kabobs
- 1-pint Strawberries
- Angel Food Cake
- Wilton Chocolate Disc Melts, Blue and White
- Wooden Skewers
1. Cut the top off the strawberries and discard. Then cut the berries in half widthwise so the points are still intact.
2. Cut small squares of the cake, about 1 inch in size.
3. Melt the blue and white candy discs in separate bowls.
4. Put a piece of strawberry with a point on the skewer first. Follow with a piece of cake, then another strawberry piece with no point, then a piece of cake, and finally a strawberry with a point on it.
5. Drizzle the chocolate over the skewers.
You might also like…
Linking to these wonderful parties!