Hello! This is Ilona from Ilona’s Passion and today I have a new and yummy recipe for you! This Mushroom Mediterranean Couscous Recipe with carrots is sauteed with lemon juice and garlic. A meatless, quick and delicious dinner idea or side dish!
I know that you are busy sometimes and you don’t have time to cook a dinner for a long time. You need something quick that will take you less than 30 minutes. So today I have a quick, easy and simple recipe. I promise it will not take you more than 30 minutes total. And you will be definitely surprised with the flavor.
The Mediterranean couscous is vegetarian, packed with vegetables and seasoned with dried herbs. We don’t eat couscous often at home usually having potatoes, rice or pasta. However, recently I am trying to incorporate more couscous into our diets. I found it to be too plain maybe that’s why we don’t eat it often. However, I’ve noticed that if you season perfectly with some herbs, salt and pepper the couscous is very delicious.
This Mediterranean recipe is also perfect for party gatherings in the backyard because it can be served hot or cold as well. Salads can be a great dish to serve at parties like this Caprese Salad…such a beautiful presentation too!
I think this Mediterranean couscous is a great dish – delicious and full of herbs. It can be also served for dinner as a side dish together with any kind of meat.
I would like to hear from you! Do you cook couscous often at your home? Or maybe you prefer pasta or rice?
Mushroom Mediterranean Couscous
- 1/2 cup couscous uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp.butter
- 7 mushrooms sliced
- 2 carrots sliced & cooked
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chive
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian herb blend
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan add couscous and water. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 - 10 minutes until couscous is cooked.
- In a frying pan melt butter. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add carrots, cooked couscous, chopped chive, garlic powder, Italian herb blend and lemon juice. Cook for about 5 - 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
You Might Also Like
Linking to these wonderful parties!