Layered Sundried Tomato and Artichoke Appetizer
This is now one of my favorite go to appetizers – easy, pretty and yummy! What I really loved about it was that I could chop and prepare most of the ingredients the night before and assemble it a few hours before my party. I also liked the fact that because I was expecting a larger crowd it worked well to make two and place them on a platter together instead of worrying about replenishing it during the party. I served it with a variety of crackers.
• 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, well chilled
• 3 Tbsp. finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, well drained
• 3 Tbsp. finely chopped and drained canned artichoke hearts
• 2 Tbsp. pesto
• 2 Tbsp. chopped smoked almonds (I used mixed nuts as a substitute)
• 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley (I forgot to add this)
1. Cut cream cheese horizontally into 3 slices using dental floss.
2. Place 1 slice on a large sheet of plastic wrap: top with tomatoes and second slice of cream cheese.
3. Combine artichokes and pesto; spoon over second cream cheese layer. Top with remaining cream cheese slice.
4. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Before serving, top with nuts and parsley. Press lightly into cream cheese to secure. Serve with assorted crackers.
Linking to: Foodie Friday,
Good to find an expert who knows what he’s tainklg about!