Preparing for your next class party or family event is easy when you have semi-homemade dessert ideas like our Scarecrow Nutter Butter Fall Cookies on hand. These come together in minutes and are so easy! Your kids will join in with the fun of assembling them, and you’ll wow all the other moms with your awesome creative skills. Little do they know how truly simple it is to make!
Another favorite fall cookie recipe of mine is this No-Bake Fall Haystack Cookie Recipe. They couldn’t be easier!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Scarecrow Nutter Butter Fall Cookies
I always stick with Wilton brand candy melts for when I make special treats like these Scarecrow cookies. They melt better and more smoothly than other brands. If you prefer, you can always use plain almond bark and food coloring to create the color you prefer for your treats.
Ingredients for Scarecrow Fall Cookies
1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat 2 cups of the white and 1 cup of cocoa candy melts in separate microwave-safe bowls on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
2. Place a Nutter Butter on a fork over the melted white chocolate and coat with the melted white chocolate, let any excess drip off and set back onto the parchment paper.
3. Place a piece of candy corn with the point facing down towards the bottom center.
4. Break a couple pieces of graham cracker into a small rectangle and a second one into a smaller square.
5. Use a little melted chocolate to stick the smaller piece onto the larger rectangle to look like a hat and carefully set onto the top of the Nutter Butter.
6. Break apart small pieces of your frosted wheat and stick on the front sides of the hat.
7. Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and into the freezer for about 10 minutes to harden.
8. Fill your decorating bag with your melted cocoa candy melts and use your decorating bag to draw on eyes below the hat, a wavy smile under the candy corn nose and a line across the graham cracker hat.
Serve at your next Fall Festival
Serving these at your kids next class party is going to make you the talk of all the moms and kids! They are so cute and a great little project to create with your children. Just have them help you with dipping and decorating! Once they harden, it is easy to stack them onto a lined cookie tray or platter for serving!
More Fall Themed Treats and Ideas
We love serving these at class parties, but they also make a great addition to any Thanksgiving Dessert Buffet table, kids table, or a “just because” snack after school. You’ll love our list of favorite Thanksgiving Desserts. Especially if you love cupcakes, check out our list of 17 Thanksgiving cupcake ideas. Decorate the table with our Glitter Indian Corn Place Cards and check out our list of Fall entertaining ideas to make sure your party is a huge success!