Include your little ones in the fun – these are the best Christmas Eve box ideas for toddlers that are perfect for curious toddlers. Plus I have Christmas Eve Box Ideas for everyone in the family.
Whether you have a child, grandchild, or even the child of a friend in your life, you’ll definitely want to scroll through this list. Toddlers can be tricky to buy for. Should you get toys? Clothes? Something educational?
That’s where I come in! I picked out all of the best toys and gift ideas for toddlers. No matter how little your kiddo is, there is something for them in this list.
Place this Christmas Eve Box Printable Label on top of the box. It says “open on December 24th” and is super cute to add to any Christmas box!
You can make the Christmas Eve box as big or as small as you want! I’m sure you’ll find a few fantastic gift ideas in this list.
What Is A Christmas Eve Box?
Christmas Eve boxes are a fairly new and recent trend. A Christmas Eve box is a pre-Christmas gift. It’s filled with smaller things (kind of like an Easter basket) and the receiver gets to open it on Christmas Eve.
There’s quite a bit of debate out there about Christmas Eve boxes. Are they unnecessary? Do they give into the commercialization of Christmas? I’ll leave that up to you because gift-giving is a very personal thing.
If it comes from your heart, that’s what matters!
When Should You Give A Christmas Eve Box?
While it is obvious that it should be given on Christmas Eve, it can be given throughout the holiday season.
Remember, the only rules at Christmas are the ones you make for your family.
The perfect time to give the Christmas Eve Box would be when your family is starting to settle in for the night, probably after dinner. The gift usually contains items that can be used that evening on Christmas Eve like Christmas pajamas, Christmas movie, popcorn and hot chocolate (or snowman soup.)
What Gifts Do Toddlers Like?
This is the real question, isn’t it? What should you buy a toddler for Christmas?
Here are a few of my personal tips for buying the perfect gifts for a toddler’s Christmas Eve Box.
- Go with a theme. This is the easiest solution. Is there a character your toddler is obsessed with? Make the entire box around that character. Or theme it around their favorite color or hobby.
- Keep it age-appropriate. Remember what your toddler is able to do. Give them things that they can play with right after opening it.
- Match with family members. At this age, they want to be just like everyone else. So, fill the box with things that match boxes others are opening up.
- Keep It Simple. You can keep this really cheap and simple and it will still mean a lot to your kiddo.
- Make It Homemade. I included homemade gift ideas in my box list below.
If your toddler is on the younger side, you might find some great options from this Baby Christmas Eve Box list.
The biggest thing to remember is that it’s the act of opening the gift that’s the most important.
Toddlers have a blast doing things with people they love. So, make the box fun for them and fill it with things that will make them smile.
Where To Buy Toddler Gifts
In order to save you time, I provided links for all of the gifts that I suggest in the list below.
So, all you have to do is click the links, and add the products to your cart and check out!
If you want to shop in person, I suggest going to places like Dollar Tree or Walmart for some of the best prices.
In fact, you can often buy everyone’s gifts at once, without having to hop from one store to another!
At the end of the day, all that matters is that you’re able to find everything that you need with as little stress as possible. That’s why I prefer to shop online (and in my PJs).
More Festive Christmas Ideas:
Bring a little more MERRY to your Christmas with these ideas.
- Christmas Pajamas: Get your family into the holiday spirit with some matching Christmas pajamas!
- Reindeer Food Ideas: This magical activity helps Santa find his way to your home on Christmas Eve.
- This Christmas Eve Box Printable Bundle has so many great Christmas printable activities for kids!
These are some of the most fun cookies you can make this year! Let your kiddos help you make them and make memories together.
Are you ready for the list? Here you go! These are the best Christmas Eve box ideas for toddlers!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
I hope you enjoyed this list! If you did, don’t forget to Pin this post to Pinterest so you can find it later.