If you can even believe it, the end of summer is rapidly approaching. Although it’s always sad to say goodbye to the season, Fall is a great time of year! Especially because it means that the kids go back to school. Today I’m sharing with you these super cute Back To School Cupcakes that is sure to be a huge hit in your child’s classroom. Or if you’re a teacher, your students will be sure to love you after enjoying this sweet treat.
Before I share the recipe, I want to share some other great Back to School ideas that’ll be sure to help make the transition smoother. Lunch can be tough. Day after day finding something new for the kids to pack is not fun. Check out these 20 Creative School Lunch Ideas that your kiddo will be sure to love. And toss in one of these 10 Free Printable Lunch Box Notes – the kids will be so happy to see a special note from mom.
And savor the moment while your little one is still young with this First Day of School Photo Printable.
Below are all the details you need to know to create these Back To School Cupcakes! Enjoy!
Back To School Cupcakes
Buy or bake 8-10 white batter Cupcakes. And collect the supplies listed in the printable recipe below.
1. Frost each cupcake with white frosting.
2. With remaining frosting, divide and put in 2 bowls. Color one pink and the other blue.
3. Put each color into a plastic bag and cut a tiny corner off for piping. Pipe a pink line on the left edge and pipe 5 blue lines horizontal from the pink line. It will look like a piece of paper.
4. For the pencils, cut about a 3-inch piece of yellow licorice. Cut a fruit chew in half and press one of the halves on the end of the licorice and mold to look like an eraser.
5. Cut a short piece of black rope licorice and wrap around the pencil right below the eraser. Use a dab of frosting to attach the ends to the back.
6. Poke the pencil down into the cupcake leaving the eraser end pointing up. If you need to for support, place a small piece of the sucker sticks into the cupcake behind the pencil.
7. For the apples, roll a little piece of the Airheads candy into a shape of an apple. Cut a tiny piece of green Airhead candy and place on top the apple to resemble a leaf.
8. Set the apple on the cupcake.
SO CUTE! The kiddos will love them!
Now you are ready for a back to school party!