Jazz up your side dishes with delicious red and green Christmas deviled eggs. They are some of the most fun (and tasty) Creative Christmas Ideas you’ll use at your party or dinner.
When you think of Christmas party food, does your mind instantly go to cookies and sweets? Mine too.
It’s possible to make healthy savory side dishes that are just as festive as cupcakes and iced cookies. And these red and green deviled eggs are proof!
These tasty deviled eggs aren’t made with any weird ingredients.
Kids and picky adults will all love how they taste! Instead of making them with guacamole or basil pesto (or some other odd ingredient) I just used some green food coloring.
If you have ever made deviled eggs, then you probably already know how to make them.
What’s In Christmas Deviled Eggs?
If you have ever made deviled eggs, then you’ll be comfortable making these, too. I used basically the same ingredients, I just made them extra festive with some bright red and green colors.
Here’s what I used to make these fancy Christmas deviled eggs. All of the exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Eggs – Obviously, they are the basis of this recipe.
- Mayonnaise – This is what makes them extra creamy. Use your favorite kind.
- Mustard – Use Dijon or spicy brown mustard. Any kind of mustard will make them creamy and tasty.
- Red Pepper – This is the red decorations on the eggs.
- Food Coloring – You’ll use both blue and green food coloring.
All of these ingredients are easy to find at the grocery store. In fact, you probably already have them!
If you want to add some fresh dill or parsley as a green garnish to go with the red peppers, then do it. That’s the fun part of these eggs. There is so much room for creativity.
If you want to make them ahead of time, keep them covered and refrigerated for up to three days.
Try to serve them within three days of making them. They look and taste the best when they are freshly prepared.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
What kitchen tools do you need in order to make pretty deviled eggs?
These are the kitchen tools I used:
- Piping Bag
- Electric Mixer
- Vegetable Dicer
- Deviled Egg Tray
You don’t have to use a piping bag, but that’s what I used to create the decorative deviled egg filling.
No matter how you make them, these tasty deviled eggs will add color and flavor to your Christmas table!
More Christmas Ideas
If you enjoyed these Christmas blossom cookies, here are some more festive ideas you should make next!
- Magic Reindeer Food Recipe and Printable
- Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
- Reindeer Donuts
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- No-Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
There are so many fun things that you can make for the Christmas holidays.
Are you ready for the recipe? Here you go! It’s so easy that you can make it right before your dinner or party.
Christmas Deviled Eggs
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1/4 Red Pepper Diced into small Squares
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Blue and Green Food Coloring
- Peel your boiled eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Put all the egg yolks in a small mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, and salt and pepper to yolks and mix until well incorporated.
- Add a few drops of blue and green food coloring to create the green wreath color.
- Whip your egg mixture with a fork until there are no more lumps.
- Using a large star tip and a piping bag, load your piping bag with your green yolk mixture.
- Pipe the yolk mixture into the middle of the white part of your boiled egg.
- Add 3 little squares of red pepper at the top of each egg to create a holly wreath look.
There you go! That’s how to make tasty and easy Christmas deviled eggs! Don’t forget to pin this post to Pinterest so you can find it later.