Hello again Oh My! Creative Friends!! It is always so fun to spend some time with all of you. I like that can share some yummy treats with all of you! Today I have made you a really tasty and different twist on the Peanut Butter Cookie Classic – Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Cookies!
I know that I have mentioned only 1,000 times on my blog, The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen, how much of a cookie monster that I am. I will eat every cookie in sight if I am not stopped! These cookies were a really good example of that.
These cookies for sure are a unique twist on a good old fashioned treat. While brainstorming for something new to make that has not been seen on Pinterest over and over again I rummaged through my pantry seeing what fun ingredients I had. Peanut Butter cookies on their own are really good. But when you switch out regular peanut butter and replace it with cinnamon raisin peanut butter you really have something to rave about!!!
What else would take these cookies up a notch on the amazing factor? Oh, I don’t know… What would you think about a cinnamon glaze? I think that would just about do it, don’t you? A nice powder sugar glaze with a dash of cinnamon!
I also added some more raisins. Nice and juicy and plump! I just loved how rich and flavorful these cookies are!
Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup cinnamon raisin peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp baking SODA
- 1/2 tsp baking POWDER
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- for the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- cream the butter and sugars in a mixer until fluffy
- add the egg, vanilla and peanut butter mix til combined
- add in the cinnamon and both baking SODA and POWDER
- slowly add the flour in and mix til dough forms
- fold in the raisins
- cover and Chill for 2-3 hours
- preheat oven to 375
- place 2 tbs sized dough balls on cookie sheets and bake for 7-9 min
- cool on a wire rack
- when cool mix up the gaze and spoon over cookies
- let set