Are you looking for a new way to get your chocolate fix these days? I’m certain that this Warm Chocolate Skillet Cake With Pecans is the solution. You can go wrong with anything that starts with “warm chocolate” … haha! I do have a weakness for chocolate that I know.
I have to say the chopped pecans are the perfect topping for this chocolate skillet cake. I use pecans with veggie recipes and candied pecans on top of salads.
Before I jump right into sharing this recipe, I wanted to share some other yummy desserts that have been a family favorite.
or see all of my yummy dessert recipes here!
If you make any of these recipes, I promise your family and friends will love it!
Below you can find all the details for this Chocolate Skillet Cake Recipe. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Iron Skillet Chocolate Pecan Cake
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- ¼ cup Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Milk
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans, divided
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, baking soda, and cinnamon and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, mix the water, butter, oil, and cocoa powder. Bring this to a boil while stirring and add it to the dry ingredients bowl and mix well.
4. Add in the milk, egg, and vanilla and mix well.
5. Pour into a 10-inch iron skillet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until baked through. Cool for about 20 minutes.
6. For the frosting, combine the butter, cocoa, and milk and bring to a boil while stirring. Remove from heat and add in the powdered sugar and half the pecans and stir well. Pour over the cake and spread it all over. Sprinkle the remaining pecans over the top. Let the frosting set and then serve.
Some of my favorite desserts…