Create a sweet and salty dessert that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day parties, or just a fun snack – Valentine’s Popcorn! This popcorn is another one of my favorite Creative Valentine’s Day Ideas. You’ll love how quickly and easily it is to throw together.
Think beyond conversation hearts and frosted cookies and make a Valentine’s Day dessert that is as fun to eat as it is to make.
Kids and adults (and anyone of any age) will have fun putting their own little twist on this easy Valentine’s Day treat. You can package them up individually or serve a large bowl for a movie night. Keep reading and I’ll share even more ways to make it!
Need a last-minute Valentine’s Day party food or class party treat to make? This recipe is something you can mix together in basically 10 minutes and then serve. Serve it along with one of these Valentine’s Day Mocktails!
All you have to do is grab the ingredients and mix them together. It doesn’t get much easier than this!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Valentine’s Day Popcorn Ingredients
Here is what you’ll use to make this popcorn treat recipe.
Feel free to get creative with it! There are so many other things you could add to this popcorn to make it fun, festive, and tasty!
Optional Mix-In Ideas
Want to get creative? Try adding some of these fun ingredients to your popcorn too!
- White chocolate chips
- Caramel Drizzle
- Sea Salt
- Biscoff Cookie Crumbles
Then, you just have to decide how you want to serve the popcorn. Do you want to add it to a large Valentine’s Day serving dish or fill individual treat bags? The decision is up to you!
Tools & Supplies
Here are the tools and supplies you’ll need to have before you begin. It’s not much and you probably already have these in your kitchen.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Microwave-Safe Bowl
- Rubber Spatula or Wooden Spoon
- Serving Bowl or Treat Bags
If you’re going to serve the popcorn in treat bags, browse these Valentine’s Day Printables and label them before you hand them out.
How To Melt Chocolate In The Microwave
It’s best to melt the chocolate slowly when you use the microwave. Heat it up for 30 seconds at a time, stirring it really well after each rotation.
You could also melt the chocolate on the stove using a double broiler. Do what works for you, just go slow so that the chocolate doesn’t burn.
How To Store Valentine’s Day Popcorn
When you make homemade sweet candied popcorn, you should store it in a sealed, airtight container. This will help the popcorn from going stale.
You can also store it in smaller bags. Just make sure you keep the air off of it.
The popcorn will stay fresh for up to a week.
More Valentine’s Day Ideas:
- 20 Valentine’s Projects, Crafts, and Gifts
- 35 Valentine Ideas, Crafts, and Recipes
- Pencil Valentine Gift Printable Banner
- Kids Candy Ring Valentine Printable
- Love Bug Valentine Bag Treat Gifts
- Homemade Chocolate Massage Lotion with Printable Label
Heart Shaped Valentine’s Day Popcorn
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 bag popcorn popped, kernels removed
- 1/2 cup pink candy melts
- 1/2 cup white candy melts
- 2 tbsp Valentines sprinkles
- 1/4 cup Valentines M&M
- Add a piece of parchment paper to a large baking sheet.
- Add the popped popcorn in a single layer.
- Melt the white candy melts by adding them to a microwave safe bowl and microwaving at 20 second intervals, stirring well between each.
- Once melted, drizzle the candy over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle with about half of the sprinkles and M&Ms.
- Melt the pink candy melts, then drizzle over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the rest of the sprinkles & M&Ms.
- Allow the mixture to set, until candy melt drizzles are solid. Then, toss.
More Fun Valentine’s Day Desserts
If you enjoyed learning how to make Valentine’s Day popcorn, here are some more fun recipes to celebrate the day of love.