Easy Roasted Potatoes And Zucchini Recipe
This veggie dish is one of my favorite “go-to” recipes. Not only is this Roasted Potatoes And Zucchini Side Dish easy to make it is also delicious and compliments any main course! Essentially it is two ingredients and a little seasoning…can’t get any easier! Great flavor too!
Easy Vegetarian Side Dish
Here it is! This recipe takes almost no thought and it is the perfect vegetarian side dish for any meal. All you need is some zucchini, potatoes, oil, and your favorite spices.
Best Spices For Zucchini
I think thyme and parsley have the best flavor with zucchini. If you want this recipe to have a bit of heat, then add some red pepper flakes.
Best Potatoes For Oven Roasting
I think red potatoes are the best for oven roasting. They crisp up really well and have an almost sweet flavor to them.
How To Make Clean-Up Easier
Cover your baking sheet with either aluminum foil or parchment paper. This way, all you have to do is throw away the foil and your baking sheet is still clean!
How To Store Zucchini and Potatoes
Roasted zucchini doesn’t last very long in the refrigerator. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. After that, the zucchini will start to become too soft.
Make It A Sheet Pan Dinner
Add some sliced kielbasa sausage to the sheet pan and you have a complete meal! It’s so easy to turn this into a main course.
Roasted Zucchini and Potatoes
- Baking Sheet
- 2-3 Zucchini
- 6 Medium Red Potatoes
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the zucchini and potatoes and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Toss one more time so all ingredients are coated with seasoning.
- Place baking pan in the oven on a center rack for 40 minutes occasionally turning. Cook until lightly brown and veggies are cooked.
MORE ZUCCHINI RECIPES:
- 15 Spiralized Zucchini Noodle Recipes
- Spicy Zucchini Taco Boats
- Recipes Using Vegetables from The Garden
- Summer Zucchini Recipes
Found your post on Whimsy Wednesday. These are two of my favorite foods so I will definitely be trying this.