This fruity naturally sweet frozen pineapple margarita recipe is made with tequila, triple sec, lime juice and of course the glass is rimmed in salt. Delish!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Makes 2 Cocktails
- Frozen pineapple chunks
- Fresh squeezzed lime juice
- Triple sec
- Kosher salt
- Pineapple chunks and lime wedges for garnish
All the exact ingrediants are in the printable recipe card just a little bit further below.
How To Make A Frozen Pineapple Margarita Recipe
Combine frozen pineapple, ice, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec in a blender and blend until smooth. If it is too thick, add equal parts lime juice and triple sec to the consistency you prefer.
Then pour the kosher salt onto a small saucer. Then take a lime wedge and rim the edge of your glasses with lime juice, then dip into kosher salt.
Pour the pineapple margarita into a fun glass and garnish with fresh pineapple chunks, maraschino cherries and lime wedges. Enjoy!
Fresh Or Frozen Pineapple In A Pineapple Margarita Recipe?
Using fresh-cut pineapple will give the best flavor in this margarita cocktail.
But to make this margarita recipe easy consider buying fresh-cut pineapple at the grocery store in the produce department. If you are looking at cutting a pineapple yourself find tips on how to cut a pineapple here.
Three Ways To Make Margaritas
There are three ways to make a margarita – frozen, on the rocks, or straight up. My margarita is frozen, but let’s look at what sets them all apart.
Frozen margaritas are made in a blender and have the consistency of a slushie. They are super-easy and fun to drink. So good on a hot summer day!
Margarita on the rocks means it is poured over ice.
And you can also just make it straight up. This is without any ice at all. This is the least watered-down version.
Best Type of Tequila For Margaritas
The best type of tequila is entirely up to your own preference. My favorite is Patron Silver. Try to use an agave tequila in this recipe.
If you want to indulge a bit, Clase Azul Reposado is one of the most premium types of tequila. It is aged for 8 months in oak barrels and sold in bottles that are so gorgeous you’ll want to decorate with them.
Frozen Pineapple Margarita Recipe
Here is the printable recipe card. And don’t forget to pin this post to your drink ideas board on Pinterest so you can find it later!
Frozen Pineapple Margarita
- 2 cups Frozen pineapple chunks fresh cut but canned can also be used
- 2 oz. Lime juice fresh squeezed
- 3 oz. Tequila
- 1 oz. Triple sec
- 1 cup Ice
- 1/4 cup Salt kosher salt or margarita salt
- 1 Lime wedges for garnish
- 1 Pineapple chunks for garnish
- Combine frozen pineapple, ice, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If it is too thick, add equal parts lime juice and triple sec to the consistency you prefer.
- Pour the kosher or margarita salt onto a small saucer.
- Take a lime wedge and rim the edge of your glasses with lime juice, then dip into the salt.
- Pour the pineapple margarita into two glasses and garnish with fresh pineapple chunks and lime wedges!
More Fun Drink Recipes
If you enjoyed this classic margarita recipe, here are some more drink recipes you will enjoy too!