Hey there! It’s Ilona from Ilona’s Passion. I am honored to be a contributor for Oh My! Creative blog. I’ll be presenting many delicious recipes in the upcoming months. For today I made sweet potato gnocchi with portobello burger, kale and avocado aioli.
Vegetarian sweet potato gnocchi with portobello and kale are perfect for meatless Mondays or any day of the week. Packed with all veggies like kale, portobello mushroom, sweet potato and avocado. Couple healthy ingredients and you can have yummy dinner in 40 minutes.
I love meatless dinners. I think they can be tasty as much as meat entrees. I cook sweet potato gnocchi at home often because they are so easy to make and require only 3 ingredients. Mixing only flour, sweet potato and egg. That’s so simple.
I thought that portobello mushroom burger will be perfect for this dish. Usually I just cook my mushroom, but this time I dipped in egg and bread crumbs before frying. This is the most delicious portobello I’ve had. I make mushrooms at my home a lot and they can be always found in my kitchen.
I also added some baby kale that I had in my fridge from the trip to the store. I thought that lettuce will be perfect too. But kale combined perfectly with everything. To make the meatless dinner even better I made avocado aioli and I drizzled everything just before serving.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Portobello and Kale
Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sweet potato cooked & mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 large avocado mashed
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 2 cups baby kale
Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- Fill large pot with water and bring to boil while you are working on gnocchi.
- In a large bowl mix flour with sweet potato, egg and salt.
- Knead by hand to form a ball. If it becomes to sticky add a little more flour.
- Divide into 3 balls. Take each ball and roll a "snake." Cut into small pieces.
- Insert gnocchi into boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes. If they are cooked they will come to the top of the water. Drain.
- Remove the stem from mushroom.
- Whisk the egg on a plate, add some salt and pepper.
- Dip each mushroom in the egg, both sides.
- Place bread crumbs on the plate.
- Dip mushroom in bread crumbs, both sides.
- Heat the oil in the pan. Place the mushroom and cook on low-medium heat for 3 - 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 - 5 minutes on the other side.
- Cut into pieces.
- In a small bowl mix avocado, greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt.
- Place some kale on a plate, add portobello mushroom, sweet potato gnocchi.
- Drizzle with avocado aioli.
You Might Also Like:
Linking to these wonderful parties!